Can't Log In due to "Date and Time Settings" in Imprudence Viewer

Jelli Kohime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, so I recently tried to log into SL with the Imprudence Viewer and it told me I couldn't because of Date and Time settings being incorrect? But they're not (and I can log in with the main SecondLife viewer). I hear this is some kind of certificate check thing? I dunno, I'm confused and it told me that if the problem persisted to look on support. I guess the real question is: Is Imprudence just not able to log in anymore? Is there any way to fix this? Because I kinda need Imprudence for some things I do and I don't think any other viewer has the weird feature I need. So...is there any way to get this going again or am I out of luck?

imprudence is out of date for long time, since 2011 even, it is missing all new features in the server and viewersoftware.

Possible it's not able to get all info it needs to run with the current grid versions and your OS .

Download the recent LL viewer or pick a recent one in this list :

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

if it still doesn't work, please edit your post and give a little more details about your system.

Download the latest LL Viewer? You mean the official one? Yeah that works fine. But I need to get Imprudence running.

Also, Imprudence USED to work on this computer so I don't think it's that.

As for what feature I need? The morph effect when switching body types. Imprudence is the only viewer I've found that still does that.

Jelli Kohime wrote:

As for what feature I need? The morph effect when switching body types. Imprudence is the only viewer I've found that still does that.

Huh - I have no idea what this is.

You've made me curious enough to go & see if I can get Imprudence to login :smileylol:

Ok login works.

From the login screen, top menu bar, Advanced -> Debug Settings -> NoVerifySSLCert  -> Set to TRUE  -> Login

This viewer is very very broken on SL though, good luck even getting your avatar to rez on it. It doesn't appear to support HttpInventory ,so - no inventory either.

I can't tell what happens when I change body type - no inventory -> forever clouded avatar.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Kokua and no it does not. It's an ooold Second Life 1.0 thing and yeah, Imprudence is basically Second Life 1.0 with all of the features and lack of features it had since it is impossible to log in with ACTUAL Second Life 1.0

-

Anyway, Whirly, thanks a TON for the tip! I'll see if I can get my Avatar to rez at all and let you know but yeah it doesn't support a LOT of things.

Jelli Kohime wrote:

I still have no idea what this feature is.

Do you by any chance mean the ability to export the avatar shape to obj using the old "Meshes & Morphs" feature?

On the old V1's this will be under Advanced -> Character -> Meshes And Morphs

I know this feature broke on Phoenix viewer when mesh support was added.

Possibly CoolVL Viewer or Singularity viewer still support this.

If that is what you are trying to do then you can do similar on current viewers if you want to export your worn shape.

You can import the exported shape into Avaster/Blender.

No no, I mean the morph effect when changing body shapes. I didn't wanna show an example because of course it's weird fetish stuff but I did transformation videos on YouTube with it:

https://www.youtube.com/user/TehNinjaBunneh/videos

Pick a video any video. Yeeeah THAT would be why I need the feature. It's a dumb dumb thing but yeah, only Imprudence still had that after the 2.0 update. And unfortunately you seem to be right. I can't get my Avatar to load at all even though I am using an old one that used to work with Imprudence. Is the HTML Inventory a new thing? When did THAT happen? I assume there's no work around for that? Or MAYBE since we're skipping SSL Cert to log in, it won't let us access our inventory?

seeing some old videos that Jelli posted, is the feature the one where you can edit your shape without going into the scarecrow pose and forcing the camera?

on the V3-ish viewers, look under the Move and View tab of the preferences, there you can turn off automatic camera position for editing appearance, this also stops the turn_180 pose.

if you want this to happen when switching shapes you already made beforehand, server side appearance may prevent that from working.

Huh!  Thats pretty neat actually. 

I wasn't aware of that feature at all.

I imagine it probably broke when serverside baking was added though.

Did observers also see the shape morph effect or was it local on your screen only? Or could only other Imprudence viewers see it?

How did it actually work? Are you just changing shapes normally on those videos and the viewer displays that morph effect?

ObviousAltIsObvious wrote:

seeing some old videos that Jelli posted, is the feature the one where you can edit your shape without going into the scarecrow pose and forcing the camera?

Ahh good thought!

Though on those videos it looks like there is an extra morphing effect when the shape is changed but it's hard to tell whether that was post processing effects added on the video.

Jelli Kohime wrote:

I tried Kokua and no it does not. It's an ooold Second Life 1.0 thing and yeah, Imprudence is basically Second Life 1.0 with all of the features and lack of features it had since it is impossible to log in with ACTUAL Second Life 1.0

Anyway, Whirly, thanks a TON for the tip! I'll see if I can get my Avatar to rez at all and let you know but yeah it doesn't support a LOT of things.

The latest Kokua Viewer 4.0.1.37934 released on March 1st 2016 is based on LL V4 code and no "oooold 1.0 thing".

J.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the long delay in replies. All I'm doing is changing shapes. Back in the 1.0 Viewer that was how changing shapes looked so the effect was visible to everyone in 1.0 viewers because yeah...that was just what happened when you changed shape. I'll look into the newest Kokua viewer and the alternate method for a similar effect that was mentioned see if I can get any of that to work.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2875 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.