Dee1Throta

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just spent the better part of the last two hours trying to get my avatar to rez - and nothing happened. I have rebaked eight times. I have logged off and the back on again seven times - still nothing. All i see of avatar is a white blob. It is quite obvious that linden labs do not care about the major issues - like this. They are more interested in money and blaming the user. I do not expect a response from a linden lab member which will prove my point. Fix the damn thing so that it works!

Dee

I'm afraid it is no good you lambasting Linden Lab.  Your problem sounds much more like either your ISP having a bad day or a problem with your router/modem.  Your connection to SL is poor, hence you are not receiving the baking information from the server.

Your only recourse is to either contact your ISP to see if they have an issue, or wait.  Quite often issues like yours just evaporate in time when a technician somewhere notices a server on the fritz.

Ayesha, please do not make excuses for linden labs. I am not the only person who has to constantly put up with this rubbish from linden labs. And it has been going on for years with nothing being done about it besides the lindens dumping on another coat of paint to hide the nasty faults. And it is not my ISP because i was able to navigate the net with no issues when i took a fifteen minute break to post this original message.

There is only one lab.  Just for future reference.

Your problems sound exactly what I get when the connection is bad or I try to connect over 3G wireless.  Sure, I can navigate web pages just fine but that does not require the bandwidth SL does.  Everything is user created.  Nothing in the world exists on your machine.  You are essentially downloading a full game's worth of data every time you TP.  It's amazing it works at all.

Try testing your connection.  Just google up "speed test" and pick a couple to try.out and let us know how it goes.  If your connection is not the problem we can work from there.

Connec tion is not the problem, Rhonda. My internet connection is fine - always has been. The problem is second life and the apathy Linden Lab have shown in regards to their creation. I can go to a blank sandbox and still wait for upwards of five minutes (on a good day!) for my avatar to rez. Nor is it my laptop. Please stop making excuses for Linden Lab like the sims gurus do for maxis and accept the fact the creators of this thing cannot be bother policing the system and making sure it works as it should. Otherwise it just sounds like people are toadying for brownie points.

[...] Download speed is 44mps, upload is 14mps. connection is perfect, with no issues. Ping is 44mps. this is with ADSL2. There should not be any issues.

Where did you get those values from? Did you try the test from http://tucson.speedtest.net/?

Are you using Google's public DNS? (https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using)

I'm sure that Linden Lab has some network issues, or else they didn't have to perform unscheduled maintenances like they did recently (http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2015/09/22/post2645/.) And it's quite clear to me that the whole grid got quite slower recently too. Once in a while I get logged out crossing regions due to timed out hand-offs when sailing or flying airplanes, and that sure isn't due to my ISP. Still, the issues I experience are minimal compared to yours, and I'm in Europe. So, possibly, your problem is a mix of network problems on both sides — theirs and yours (mostly yours.) Also, bear in mind that textures and meshes are downloaded from CDN servers and not directly from the Lab anymore.

Just because you can browse the web fine, that doesn't mean your system/network is OK for Second Life.

Dee1Throta wrote:

Download speed is 44mps, upload is 14mps. connection is perfect, with no issues. Ping is 44mps. this is with ADSL2. There should not be any issues.

Good.  Thank you for doing that; it eliminates the connection (which you knew was good but we -- or I -- needed confirmation)

The next step is to see if something you are wearing is corrupted or otherwise broken.

If you do not have the Develop menu at thr top, press Ctrl Alt Q to enable it.  Then, from the Develop menu, Develop > Avatar > Character Test > pick either male or female.  Give it a few seconds and you should show up as a newbie avatar. 

Once you are a newbie and not a cloud, wear your Shape, Hair, Skin and Eyes one at a time. Wait for it to fully res before putting on the next piece.

If the character test does not pop you out of the cloud, let us know and we'll keep working.

Looking in the data logged to the simulator by your viewers in recent sessions, it shows high packet loss rates and ping times that are usually over a half second, and in at least one session over 3 seconds.

For those sessions at least, you have a quite serious network problem.

Hello, Oz.

Just want to let you know that I found a region suffering from what seems to be a capabilities failure while doing the Twisted Hunt. Mesh doesn't rez, no local chat, no outbound IM's, no friends list, no TP's out if you login there. The region is Icewater.

This issue is mainly occuring at the following location - Castle Valeria Infohub, Castle Valeria (193,216). I'm not the only one who is stuck there waiting for my avatar to rezz. There are others there (i was talking to them today about this) who have been experiencing it over the last week and there have been times when nothing as rezzed. I have since downloaded the firestorm viewer and the issue is still persistent so it is not on my end.

The grid became slower a few weeks ago, and sometimes regions come back online buggered  — what the techies call "capabilities failure" (I wonder if that's the case of that one you mention.) But it has to be your end, sorry, as I'm in Europe and I don't experience any of that.

Please read what Oz Linden wrote above. (https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Avatar-not-rezzing/m-p/2968960#M16717)

[uPDATE] I just went to Castle Valeria's infohub and had no issues at all — all builds and avatars rezzed fine.

Not my end mbeatrix - my connection is to standard. I've done a complete system reboot, defragged, scanned - the lot. even downloaded the latest firestorm viewer. It's a second life issue. The linden's simply can't be bothered making sure second life works as advertised. This is why so many people keep on leaving.

Oz Linden wrote:

Looking in the data logged to the simulator by your viewers in recent sessions, it shows high packet loss rates and ping times that are usually over a half second, and in at least one session over 3 seconds.

For those sessions at least, you have a quite serious network problem.

Are you using Webroot antivirus software?

Webroot is known to cause severe slow loading of textures & mesh, bad packetloss and also very high ping sim times for some people. If you are using the enterprise version of Webroot, then you need to whitelist the viewers cache folder, which should fix the problem. If you are using the normal version of Webroot, it does not allow whitelisting by folder and the only option really is to get rid of Webroot.

Your viewer logs should give a clue as to what's going wrong.

You can file a LL JIRA &/or a Firestorm JIRA issue and include your logs after running a session where you experience this problem.

Instructions for the LL Viewer: https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-report-a-bug/ta-p/733545

Instructions for Firestorm Viewer: http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/file_a_jira

• 1 year later...

Having the same problem, it says ''Try running Second Life normally to see your clothing correctly''. I've tried Advanced, Character test - male, nothing happens, tried to clear cache, nothing. Any ideas ? My internet runs good, there's never problems with that, it just suddenly happened, can't see friends list as it is loading, can't tp out of the location, nothing..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.