Auto-Return is broken?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Looks like LL managed to break Auto Return.

At one of the sims where I'm an admin, we have a 1 minute auto return. We've had it for years. All of a sudden today, objects aren't getting returned. We have any object that's been here for more than six hours now.

Anyone else experiencing bugs with auto return?

Gadget

Is this broken return time issue on RC channel sims?  I have also noticed that touch sensitive scripted objects are either responding slowly or not at all on some RC channel sims.  It looks to me like it was not just some script functions that were altered in the last round of server versions.

No, this isn't RC.

Although it IS scripted objects. We suspect it has something to do with how they handled "fixing" BUG-4152, since the problem is vehicles.

Or the change "Objects which are rezzed by sat-upon or attached scripts no longer inherit the temp-on-rez or auto-return timer of the parent object".

Could be either one.

Unless you're chasing a different bug, the known auto-return bug is fixed in all the RCs with this week's release (which won't go to main channel until the new year, as I understand it).  The known bug is about how objects get stuck in the "selected / sat-upon" condition (sometimes without ever actually being selected or sat-upon at all?), so remain exempt from auto-return.

I guess if the affected parcel doesn't show any "selected / sat-upon" objects in land stats then this may be a different bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.