Aditi "Failed to upload - Internal Server Error"

Vulpinus

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm getting a little sick of the number of times I seem to get this when working in Aditi.

When uploading a mesh, the error is:

<mesh-name> failed to upload: Internal Server Error NetworkError [Details] See Firestorm.log for details

The relevent log entries are:

llcorehttp/_httppolicy.cpp(441) : 2016-06-03T05:11:31Z WARNING:#CoreHttp LLCore::HttpPolicy::stageAfterCompletion: HTTP request 000000001F1171E0 failed after 0 retries. Reason: Internal Server Error (Http_500)
newview/llmeshrepository.cpp(2574) : 2016-06-03T05:11:31Z WARNING:#Mesh LLMeshUploadThread::onCompleted: Upload failed. Reason: Internal Server Error (Http_500)

There's nothing wrong with the dae file or with my side of the network, as far as I can tell. The error http:500 refers to a server-side error. Once this error starts, it generally lasts quite some time. I usually end up logging off in disgust and coming back later in the day when, usually, it will then work (with the very same files).

Any ideas anyone? Or is it just a regular Aditi annoyance?

Vulpinus wrote:

Or is it just a regular Aditi annoyance?

I'm afraid so. Aditi is a testing grid after all so things aren't quite as stable as the main grid.

The usual solution: Patience.

If you're in a hurry and don't need to test LI or physics shape, you can log on to another grid instead. I use my own private grid in those cases but there are several public grids with free mesh uploads too.

• Thanks 1

Nalates Urriah wrote:

But, they have been messing with servers in Aditi. It is a testing grid. But, a lot more than usual has been changing in Aditi.

Has it? I haven't seen that error recently but I've been so busy sorting out my backlog of meshes I haven't had time to do much building the last week or two. I may have missed the excitement this time.

Nalates Urriah wrote:

Hopefully this will pass.

Always does. These errors come in waves.

Thanks folks - yeah, patience is probably the best suggestion then.

It just always seems to happen every time I've spent ages in Blender and am keen to get my latest build tested.Such is (Second) Life :D

I logged back on an hour later and it worked.

It didn't occor to me to use another grid though. I do have a server sat in the loft not doing much... Hmm. A project for another time though, I think.

Mostly happens to me late at night (SL time) like after 10 and I seldom go there then. There is no one around and likely TESTING is going on. In the morning all is well again in the same spot on the same sandbox.  Not too handy for folks that are not on SL standard time. 

Yep. It was working an hour ago (9pm-ish SL) and, after spending an hour making my final changes in Blender to my latest masterpiece, it's now 10:20pm SL and the error is back.This is a common work time for me.

Waah!

I'll come back in a couple of hours. Might go onto Agni and actually talk to people. No-one talks in Aditi - all too busy working, or (like me) absent with their RL head stuck in Blender or Photoshop..

• 7 years later...
On 6/3/2016 at 2:52 AM, ChinRey said:

Vulpinus wrote:

Or is it just a regular Aditi annoyance?

I'm afraid so. Aditi is a testing grid after all so things aren't quite as stable as the main grid.

The usual solution: Patience.

If you're in a hurry and don't need to test LI or physics shape, you can log on to another grid instead. I use my own private grid in those cases but there are several public grids with free mesh uploads too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.