A strange situation with dropping from search

Maria Paquot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey all..... I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem.

My sim.... randomly dissapears from sl search.

The sim is one parcel.  I've got my club on it.  It seems to dissapear a couple times a week, 

The first time, I filed my own support tickets... 3 days and every time LL looked it was back in search, go figure! 

I did a restart and it came back to search ....

Then.. it dissapeared again, so I got the estate owner to file tickets, that was yesterday. Miraculously it reappeared. Problem solved right? 

Nope.

It dissapeared again this morning!  All that shows up is my paid classified and my VIP group. There's no *globe* listing with the sim rating and information etc.

My settings...

Region Settings:
SLS 12.04.12.2537
block land show in search is NOT checked.

About Land:
Show Place in Search ( L$30/week) IS checked.

This is a real bummer because I've worked my butt off with marketing my club.  I've networked all over the place, on and off grid.  For weeks it came up first and second in search with certain search terms.  Now it's just not there at all.

I thought it might be the sim surround, so I picked that up and did restarts.. nope.. didn't solve it.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

EDIT:  Oh yeah.. this just started happening last week!

No... it happened again this morning. I see they started making some changes about a week ago so some servers.. and that is when this problem started, but I don't know if it was to the server that my sim is on or not...  I sure hope they can figure it out because my club still won't come up in search, OR my sim for that matter.

Maria - hate to tell you - but your case sounds EXACTLY like mine!!!

I had my SIM special ordered to show up in relevancy lists better - SIM named Strip Club - 

This week, disappeared - my club name is The Big O - if you type Strip Club in search, base don Relevancy - it no longer shows at all - if you type Big O - only my groups show - no land listings at all!!

After filing my ticket this week, before unscheduled maintenance, it showed up again - both a listing for Strip Club and a listing for Big O - firs tin Search and 14th in Search under relevancy - 

After the unscheduled maintenance - it disappeared again -

Try filing under the jira for support - that was the only option that LL gave me after numerous complaints, live chats and ticket responses.

There's definitely something going wrong (when isn't there ^^) but there doesn't seem to be a cure available at the moment.  Note from the grid-status page http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ that the maintenance after all the excitement of the other day is not over yet, so things will be changing.  No way of knowing if that maintenance will make search a bit less broken though.

I checked the search a lil while ago at 12pm slt sunday and my region and shops on the region are missing from the search, its about time LL started doing whats been asked of them for years fix the broken things in sl instead of inventing new gimicks!

Phoebe Avro

well I did take the advice and go to JIRA and watched the vid on how to use JIRA.  I searched for parcel AND search.. holy moly...... there are TONS of this situation happening.  I did get a reply to my latest of numerous support tickets  and LL *is* acknowledging it now and the programmers are working on it.... so it's only a matter of time before it's fixed I hope!

i agree with phoebe on this one. i have the same issue going on with this with my club disappearin when using certain viewers. I fully understand LL is non stop on keeping this place going but i seem to think bugs should be fixed 1st b4 tryin to take a new step. seems they take 1 step forward and 2 steps back. Lets all hope they resolve this soon tho cause u know u wont be refunded ur 30L a week. lol  

PEACE!

Aparently Linden Lab rolled out some back end changesa lil while ago to their search to try and correct this issue and it seems to had the opposite effec, so open a support ticket with LL if your not premium i surgest fileing it under region down ^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.