Teachers and Students.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good day everyone, im glad to present a new school in Second Life, I'm a Teacher in SL and RL, The reason of this post is to know what students and teachers want, provinding a succesful e-learning and what they are searching in a school, I believe SL is a perfect platform to learn and teach worldwide.

Please feel free to send me a notecard or IM, I would gladly hear your recommendations and wich courses are you searching to learn or teach, this is a new investment me and my partner are doing to create a space where e-learning is succesful, I hope to hear from you soon!

Maybe you have interest in learning or teaching! Lets provide everything we need to create a better enviroment and more creativity to SL!
Best regards.
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I like to blend real life learning with roleplaying and SL mechanics. For example, a cooking class can include looking at actual recipes and learning about kitchen use and safety, have a building component where you assemble, texture, and possibly script your meal, and roleplay to decide how it turns out or if you lit the stove on fire.

I'm also interested in more traditional learning (again, maybe with a roleplaying spin). Foreign languages would be interesting to learn, as would live graphics or modeling courses. I also think a comp-sci course on scripting would be interesting.

That being said, I know people who are interested in actually learning. Some of these people have dissociative identity disorder and thus never got to go to school. Others might be drop outs looking for another chance. With the only options really being RP schools, where it's more about playing at a school than learning, that can be really disappointing or frustrating for them.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I would be interested in learn math applied to computer science, and any computer program class related (including applyed to sl)

I'm also interested in know if the classes would be payed and only in english.

Thank you! Hope much sucess!

• 8 months later...
4 hours ago, Harbor Piers said:

Hi. Is this project still going on? I think this is a great concept, just a matter of getting interested individuals on board. Please let me know or drop me a notecard in world. (Name: Harbor Piers)

When a thread is almost a year old on something like this, it is often better to contact the original poster directly inworld.  Some don't return to the forums often.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, ireliachan99 said:

where di i find your school and how to register ?

You need to look at dates. Post is over a year old. You might find that person via SEARCH in the viewer but just as likely they are gone :D.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.