The lindens of my premium account disappeared what happened?

Juliah Leissa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I have the following problem, to join my premium account I exchange e-mail and when I tried gave problem with the password, I changed the password and redid the login. As I entered I noticed that all the lindens were gone. Then immediately someone of credits card operator me indicated that someone was trying to make a withdrawal that I did not authorize more and said it was on behalf of LindenLab. Someone explain to me? In addition to vanish all my lindens even tried to use my card?

2 answers to this question

The first thing to do is log onto your dashboard at https://secondlife.com/ and check to see if the money is showing there. If it is, its just the viewer not accurately showing the amount you have. A relog generally fixes it or getting someone to pay you $1L will.

If the money is not there, then look at your transaction history to see where it went. If you don't recognize the transactions, then your account may have been compromised.

Accounts can't be hacked but can be compromised if you give someone your password, accept an object then rez it and inadvertently gave permission to debit your account, or you clicked a link that took you to a phishing website. If it is the latter be sure to run a virus checker and anti malware program to rid your computer of anything that it picked up there.

Your account may have been compromised if:

You can't access your account.
You suddenly notice a reduced available balance on the payment source you have on file.

If this happens, contact us immediately!

Here's what to do:

Go to the Second LIfe Help page and log in if you can. If you can't access your account, use the Forgot your login information? link on the right to recover your username and reset your password. Then log in.
On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
Click Submit.
Check your email for your case number.
Call our fraud number: 800-860-6990 .

Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once they have concluded the investigation, they'll send you an email explaining their conclusion and the action they will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

If you act quickly , like NOW, they may be able to retrieve your money if whoever took it hasn't cashed it out yet. There are no guarantees though as under the TOS you are responsible for keeping your account secure.

Tip: Even if you are able to log into your account, change your password immediately to something secure and unique. Changing your password regularly is one good way to protect the safety of your account.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.