Ebbe Linden

Wooja

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You started off so well too. Well, after a detour up the blind alley that is SLU, but you're not the first to make that mistake.

But after opening up to us on Twitter, albeit using it to admit that you were late for your first day in the office, then popping in here for a pep rally and to reopen the JIRA - to a limited extent - you have left resident communication to the avatar equivalent of burn-phones (hello and goodbye, Community Linden) and a bunch of resident cheerleaders you bribed with the loan of a tablet and free access to a service that, at that time, you didn't actually explain was very expensive.

So when are you going to actually announce something; not that I would expect you to announce the delivery of something, just that you might be announcing an expected announcement of something you might be delivering somewhere down the line.

Wooja...getsomeonetoshowyouhowtouseyourprfilefeedtoo

Imnotgoing Sideways wrote:

I'm still waiting for him to make a bear/pony/thing. (
^_^
)

I understand he used to work for Microsoft.

So you may have to wait some time for Bear 1.0 while Bear 0.9BETA is being tested on the Cheerleader Focus Group.

Who will point out that even though Bear 0.9BETA has three legs, which is more than the competitors' Bears have, the extra functionality actually doesn't satisfy any user needs and impedes normal operations to a considerable extent.

After disputing these adverse comments, by intimating that Bear 0.9BETA, while in ALPHA testing, had defeated all-comers in several PTA three-legged races, Bear 1.01 will  be released, which will have the normal number of limbs but only one eye. This will be explained by the bug-fixer having previously worked on a Children In Need project, and consequently believed that monocularity was standard in ursine animations.

This will be followed by Bear 1.02, which will be stable, but very slow. A further release, Bear 1.02a will become available, dressed in a lycra bodycon racing suit, to emphasise the minor improvement in performance.

At this point, Bear 2.0 will be announced, with promises of the addition of further features and add-ons (such as a honey-pot, for which refills will be sold at a reasonable cost, and a drop-in brain - as supplies become available from the Marketing Department) although no release date will be given, leading to speculation regarding the employment status of the sponsor.

Wooja...preferapony

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

He never did post on the SL facebook page...

I consider that a good sign.

As for him not being here much anymore. Pep/Wooja badgered him pretty hard to try and chase him off. Maybe Pep was successful...

Nah, he's an Arsenal supporter and they've all gone into hiding after their recent abject performances, getting knocked out of Europe and surrendering to Liverpool in the League, where they might yet struggle to finish higher than Spurs, for the first time this century.

Wooja...thinkonepersoncouldhavesomuchpoweronline

Wooja wrote:

Nah, he's an Arsenal supporter and they've all gone into hiding after their recent abject performances, getting knocked out of Europe and surrendering to Liverpool in the League, where they might yet struggle to finish higher than Spurs, for the first time this century.

Ok. :)

I have no idea what you said, I just saw "sports and guy stuff for the pub" and so I'm gonna shrug and concede. :P

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Wooja wrote:

Ok.
:)

I have no idea what you said, I just saw "sports and guy stuff for the pub" and so I'm gonna shrug and concede.
:P

Why would he post here when he (desperately) needs to  practice his golf swing -- which in his own words he doesn't have a 'golf' swing.   FORE right ... 

I'm wondering if you all are living in the dark... The new CEO Ebbe Altberg has been everywhere! He sat down with residence to discuss SL, he is speaking at a conference for educators and non-profits in SL next month with Philip Rosdale, and he's been giving interviews with SL bloggers all month.. uh HELLO, stay up on the times people, there's more to the communication world than twitter.

Non profit and educator conference in April

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2014/03/ebbe-altberg-linden-lab-second-life-vwbpe.html#more

Sl sit down meeting in world with residents of SL

http://joyardley.wordpress.com/2014/02/19/chatting-with-ebbe-altberg-new-ceo-of-linden-lab/nts

More talks with Bloggers interviewing Ebbe.

http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2014/02/ebbe-altberg-linden-lab-second-life-1.html

Wow.. I didn't think that 7 days made it old news when one usually works 5 business days per week. But cool.

I think it's important to support this CEO. He's only been in a month and look at the awesome things so far. Rod Humble was in it for himself. He had EA games, now the sims magically have a marketplace and were ripping off creators of SL, funny coinsidence also that the Sims now have shaders and rendering.  He came in took what he needed, closed down educational sims, borked the marketplace, put ADVERTISMENTS ON THE DASHBOARD TO OTHER WORLDS and destroyed the TOS for creators.

So how about a little patience for this CEO, before people jump on the "we haveb't seen you in a week omg, where are you" ban wagon...

• 2 months later...

Too many people in his game have an inflated sense of ego and worth. Generally Ebbe owes us nothing.

His job is to make the hard descisions for the platform and Lab, not to sit down over a hot cup of tea and hold your hand so you feel nice.

He's doing ok.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of people intentionally trolled him in these forums, in order to drive him off. This thread's starter if I recall being the primary actor in that effort.

They appear to have succeeded, and once again we've managed to cause ourselves to have no line of communication with LLs.

Now as the company owning the product, they do have a responsibility to take the higher road and not shy away when they get trolled by their own customers... But that doesn't excuse people here trolling them...

• Like 1

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

A couple of people intentionally trolled him in these forums, in order to drive him off. This thread's starter if I recall being the primary actor in that effort.

They appear to have succeeded, and once again we've managed to cause ourselves to have no line of communication with LLs.

Now as the company owning the product, they do have a responsibility to take the higher road and not shy away when they get trolled by their own customers... But that doesn't excuse people here trolling them...

What ridiculous BS!  Sure some people attempted to, perhaps overly, harshly try to call him out, but Ebbe hasn't ever seemed to have fallen for their tactics.  It's my contention that Ebbe is perfectly capable of handling such negativity without having to resort to shying away, as you've suggested.  Plus, there's a difference between trolling and calling someone out.

I like Ebbe a lot, if only because I sincerely believe that he's got the wherewithal to contend, in a rational manner, with those who oppose him.  Which is a stark contrast to how you, Pussycat, deal with opposition.

If I remember correctly, you blocked me inworld as a result of my questioning why you were so opposed to another person's actions which, to me, seemed entirely harmless.  Because I questioned you as to why you felt that way, rather than explain it to me, you simply decided that I was your enemy then blocked me from your SL existence.  A stunning example of what a delicate snowflake you perceive yourself to be.

I'm truly grateful that Ebbe does not overreact to opposition the way to which you seem inclined.  I was never your enemy, nor are any honestly caring users of SL the enemy of Ebbe, no matter how harshly they criticize him.  But, I believe you're conflating your own inability to deal with opposition with his ability to do exactly that... the two just don't match.

As such, I suggest you take notes.

...Dres

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

I don't know how you concluded that either.  Unlike Rodvik he handled the Trolls quite well.

Seriously don't know how you came up with that tripe.

Also amazed that you answered that post 12 days after it was asked.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.