what's the price for a touch up and rigging service of an outfit?

Zantyago Mannonen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The only way to tell is to ask the person who offers to do the job for you.  Every creator in SL is an independent contractor.  Some people are more talented or more experienced than others, some are more attentive to detail, and we each work at our own pace.  We set our own rates and usually we don't have more than a general idea of what anyone else charges.  In the end, though, what counts is how much you think a job is worth. 

I've heard people rigging mesh anywhere from a few thousand Lindends to 40 or 60 thousand Linden Dollars.

Some mesh clothes are harder to rig than others.  Fitted Mesh is more difficult than traditional rigged mesh.  So there are a lot of variables that can go into how much it will cost.

I would, in the Wanted forum, post a few photos of your mesh with some in wire frame mode and ask people to give you an estimate.  Once you get at least 3 estimates throw out the highest and the lowest estimates and give the job to the person who gave you the middle estimate.  Don't be tempted to hire the lowest estimate person.  You normally get what you pay for so the quality of the rigging from the lowest from the lowest bid most likely will not be very good.

My Dad used to say "There is good, fast and cheap. You can have any two but never all three."  This means if it is good and cheap it isn't going to be done fast.  If it is fast and cheap it isn't going to be good.  If it is done fast and good it isn't going to be cheap.

If by some miracle you find someone who will do it good, fast and cheap you just ripped them off.  Sooner or later they will realize this and either not work for you again leaving you back at square one looking for a good rigger or they will get pissed and want to get even somehow.

I hope that helps. :)
Cathy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3251 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.