unlinking meshes?

Kurt Jiagu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently bought a full perms mesh model ,which appears to be made with several linked meshes. I wish to unlink one part of it  and delete it so I can replace it with something else .I can "unlink " it and even copy the individual mesh but not delete it ?? Am I trying to do something that is not possible in sl ? After unlinking it and copying , the original mesh part is still there .

I have this happen quite often -- with mesh I have made and sometimes even with prims.  The trick that works for me is to TAKE the item rather than trying to delete it.  Also, I suspect you know this but you need to get out of "edit parts" before trying to delete or take.  

There are certainly times when an item LOOKS like it should be a few parts and is actually only one. That is often done with furniture and decor to save on the land impact. You can check how many pieces (prims says the info even though it is mesh) the item is and that will let you know if you can unlink. A full perm store should give you that info in the description I would think also.

Good luck. Try the take and then delete from inventory and see if that works for you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2747 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.