mesh color texture changer script/hud ??

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want to get or somehow create a hud for a mesh skirt, mesh boots, and mesh hair (one for each). I found a bosh script that changes color and texture but I dont know how to make a hud. well I dont know much about scripts either.

Id also like to be able to change skin tone and nail color, and surface textures on a pair of shoes that I want to sell. one set is prim based the other model is mesh.

I looked on marketplace but I dont see anything that does it all ready made. I see scripts that can do it all, but again, I dont know how to make a hud.

can someone point me to a complete package and or, a tutorial that shows how to do it all? 

tenly

Hey Tenly. 
The complete solutions / packages still need a bit own work since you have to change the face numbers and so on. 

but mostly they are listed so that it is understandable what to change and where.

here seems to be a solution such as you search for: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/de-DE/p/BoSH-Mesh-Texture-Changer/3779108?lang=de-DE
And here is a demo of an even more advanced version : https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/HeZ-R3-Script-30d-with-HUD-DEMO-retexture-recolor-resize/1617742

But in general all you need to do (for a start) is to make a script that sends a Regionsay message with a certain command when a button is being pressed, and then have a script in the object to listen to this and know what to do with this command. ( and turn it into something like llSetTexture, or llSetColor etc)

The button script

String texture_1 = "XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX" (your texture Key here)
{ state_entry() { llListen(-1000,"","",""); //channel -1000 } touch_start(integer total_number) { llRegionSay(-1000, texture_1);
} }

The listener in the object:

default{    state_entry()    {        llListen (-1000,"","","");    }    listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string msg)    {        llSetTexture(msg,ALL_SIDES); // All sides you surely would want to change into the facenumber of a certain material area.    }}

Of course you would like to add an owner-key check so that not one HUD would accidentally control other meshes of you as well. (should 2 people in the region have the same objects on or use products made by you) And some other functionalities. But just as an example how the very basics of it would work =)

But for starters i hope the suggested HUD is something of the type you were looking for. Without learning to script first =)

Codewarror has the right way to do it.  I thought I'd share one *wrong* way to do it.

I was fooling around with a mesh dress I've been working on, and want the ability to change textures.  I have my dress linked to a prim., and the prim has some textures and a script.  I can rezz it on the ground it works well, click the prim, get a menu, change the texture.  Or you can attach the linked prim/mesh to your avatar, the rigged mesh will work as clothes, the prim will be seen where you attached it, and you can click on it, or let others click on it, change the textures, works just fine.

I decided to see if it would work as a hud.  So I mounted the linkset as a HUD, and it worked perfectly!  Click on the HUD, change the texture.  No fussing with listener sripts, etc, I thought I was done.  So I went off to show a friend, and learned something interesting. While everything looked fine in my browser, it turns out that anything you wear as a HUD is automatically invisible to everyone but you.  So while my dress looked fine to me, to my freind I was quite naked.  I'm just glad I tried it with one person first, and did not show up at a formal dance with invisible clothes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3996 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.