mesh & texture in blender

BadEddy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I figured how to make seams, unwrap, export my UV map, play in photoshop and then use my photoshopped image on my mesh in blender.

Now the thing is it still look on my computer for the texture so if I deleted It from my desktop it's gone in blender to. How can I keep it in blender even tho I delete it from my computer?

If you change the file path, you would have to change it in Blender as well.

However, never ever delete the image altogether. You will need it to upload it to Second Life anyway.

Keep your projects organized right from the start. I make a dedicated Project folder for each of my builds before I begin modeling. I'm lazy as well, so I just add a few more folders in that project folder like "Maps", "DAE", "Sculpts".

Keeping it a little organized makes life easier. :matte-motes-smile:

Packing Images inside the Blend file

If you pack your .blend file, the current version of all UV Texture images are packed into the file. If those files later change, the updates will not be automatically re-packed; the old version of the image is what will be used. To update, you will have to re-pack or reload.

To pack an image, select Pack Image from the Image menu. To Unpack, select this option again and select Remove Pack.

=============

This is used to load an image file into the .blend file. The file with testures/images can then be sent to a co-workrs, friend, whoever...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3278 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.