help in second life

Urzul

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it great we can add mesh in second life ,

but where did we get help.

when i play diablo i dont need to ask someone from blizard to tell me how to use the weapon...

i use the skeletal from the wiki,the .dae is a glitch on the leg,

the blender fille rez like an stick man....

where can i find help...

I believe the main problem with all of this is that users get the impression that creating mesh content for Second Life is as easy as making prim based content.

However there is a lot of knowledge that you need to learn first before you get things running. And making rigged mesh (avatars or avatar attachments) puts one more level of complexity into the task. And finally, there is your 3D tool that also needs to be understood basically, before you can get reasonable results exported.

Well, for Blender things are rather easy, because we have actually taken care that it can export for Secondlife out of the box. However, you need to get the right input (demo blend file) for this to work, and you need to know how to export this to be compatible for SL.

Now you need to know how to export your rigged mesh correctly:

• Check in the Blender Wiki: The Collada Exporter (You want to select the Preset "Second Life rigged")
  • Check how to import to SL: First Steps (Scroll down to "Import your Character to SL", that part works independent from any tool)

That should be helpful i hope. If you are interested in more details about blender and Second Life, you might be interested in this page as well:

Avacademy

That page contains an unsorted set of videos about aspects of 3D topics which are more or less relevant either for making models in general and/or for making content especially for Second Life.

I hope this helps for the beginning.

can i make an avatar if i dont have avastar ?

looking avastar.....look like the default second life editing shape....

why we cant do it inworld,make a new viwer....that lets people make mesh.

...why all the free avatar from the chose an avatar are all no mod...kind of useless to me.

sometime i wonder if sl it a place to build....or to hangout.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3294 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.