building a house in Blender

beli Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

And I get the errror mesh model failed to upload the model contains no meshes when trying to upload it.. even tho three is.. when I go to physics tab then upload the physic it just showes the cube and not the house.  and it loads the cube just fine.

The house isn't textured at all yet..

I am only guessing here, because you haven't included much information about what you have tried, checked and ensured before posting.

However, I have had similar message when I did something very simply wrong.

When exporting to the *.dae Collada format, make sure that you have an actual mesh selected - be in object mode and have a mesh highlighted as being selected -  or Blender saved the house.dae as 0 bytes.

In your directory you will may see a list of exported LOD models you have created,

eg.,  house.dae 102 kb

house_med.dae 88 kb

house_low.dae      0 kb

house_lowest.dae   12kb

However if you happened to save one of these LODs, without actually selecting a mesh in your scene first, it will be saved as 0 bytes.

Not sure if this solves your problem based on the information - but it is the message one will get in the SL uploader if they try  to upload a 0 byte sized mesh.

Good luck!

Yep, I noted all those extra faces and geometry last night also but since I didn't have an "answer" I didn't post - LOL.  

Also important -- if this isn't already done -- to make your own physics model for the build (lots of info here on this forum by just looking for "house physics").

Also number two, a very easy test would be to see if the house would upload with full full full and lowest (or whatever) with the uploader. That would give a fair amount of info. You wouldn't want to USE that of course -*wink*

One other thing I wrote the other night but then deleted, is that for houses, smaller pieces of mesh houses are often more useful and upload better (even with your own physics models) and have lower land impacts in total. So that might be something to keep in mind for the future. Breaking the house up into sections for upload.

The beta grid is of course your friend -- especially with big and complex builds.

Chic Aeon wrote:

Yep, I noted all those extra faces and geometry last night also but since I didn't have an "answer" I didn't post - LOL.  

:matte-motes-big-grin:

Since there isn't really much to answer with just that image, and that it doesn't work, I just dropped the line no matter what.:matte-motes-little-laugh:

LeafIllusion wrote:

...Generally if you look quick when saving the Collada file with Blender you will see a error message flash in the upper right corner of the screen that says the
“Export file is empty".

This is not an Error its a fact. And we added this popup to inform the user that most probably something was going wrong. I changed the message to:

No objects selected -- Created empty export file

I hope this makes it clear what the user should do next without the need to read documents :matte-motes-evil-invert:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2837 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.