blender blueprint problem

Jonny Kyrie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That would definitely be quicker. :) But in blender, reference pictures set up as a background are not set up using the uv layout. Is that how it's done in 3ds Max?

It is possible to set up reference pics using empties in Blender, but I've never done it, and do not know if it's possible to rotate the pictures that way.

I have been learning   Blender for a year now and i am already "oldschool" :matte-motes-confused:

Up untill now i have always used the background image method when i needed reference images.

So i thought i would try the empties method.

http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/06/28/tip-using-empties-with-image-display-mode/

When using background images the images are only visible in the relevent view ( ie side image in ortho, side view ) and not visible at all in the between angles , which is how i like it .

screenshot background images.png

With the reference images on empties  i am having to use up 3 layers, Top and Side images on 1 layer Front and Rear on seperate layers. With background images, no layers are used up.

Also because the images are visible from all angles  its adding some confusion to my workspace . 

Perhaps it is possible to view the ref. images on the empties in the relevent view only ?

Screenshot empties.png

So for the moment i will continue to use the Background images  :)

.............. and yes i do tend to use up all the layers when i'm modeling  a vehicle .

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.