Zbrush to Blender scale and offset issue

Rucy Byron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I have a problem exporting an obj from zbrush and importing into blender. I have done this a thousand times without a problem. Today however I export a jacket i have made from zbrush to blender and the model comes in tiny and under the floor in blender, and doesnt sit on the SL avatar in blender as usual. Anyone know why this may be happening?

Thanks in advance

:)

I simply exported an obj from zbrush and imported it into blender, as I always do. I havent changed anything in blender, I just opened a blend file containing standard sized avatars and imported my model. I do this all the time, I havent done anything differenty this time (that I am aware of) My feeling is that it may be something in Zbrush, but i dont know.

Thx :)

• 2 years later...

I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm having the same problem.  Working on an outfit for a dev kit in Avastar.  If I export an earlier saved version of the same project it keeps the scale in Blender just fine.  But my latest version - the exact same project, just with more work done - when I import it into Blender it's too large and too low in the Avastar model.  All I've done in between the version that works and the one that doesn't is tweak the model and do UVs.  I've done this a LOT of times before in the exact same way.  Did anyone ever solve this?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2443 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.