Vertex count in Blender

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I was looking at the difference between a sphere and a cube with a sub surf modifier applied.

I am VERY puzzled over the count that shows up in the top bar of the subsurfed (is that a word?) cube.  I did an upload test and the uploader has a much more sane count.

Can some of you super techie folks explain why this is so off?  Thanks.

Maybe it is just tooooo early for me.

Screenshots.

In nobject mode, the vertex and face counts are for the whole scene, not just the selected object(s). My guess is that you have other objects there. Here is the 2 x subdiv cube on its own. Switch to edit mode to get the selected object counts.

ETA - the other two objects are the lamp and the camera - no vertices ot faces.

Hi Chic :)

When in Object mode those numbers, Verts, Faces, Tris, etc are the total counts for the whole scene.

In the first image (the sphere) you only have one object in your scene.

In the third image ( cube) you have 7 objects in your scene. Select your cube then tab into Edit mode and you will see the correct Vert, Face and Tri count for that selected object.

Were you both racing to answer?  LOL.

THANK  YOU. Obviously that isn't something I look at often as my stuff is always very "light". 

Whew. Smarter now :D

Yes there is a big backdrop in the scene (although not visible) for Cycles baking refelictiveness  (a primmy thing if it would be inworld) as well as the lights and such. And to be honest, on my screen those numbers are SOOOO tiny I didn't notice them until I took the screenshot with the SNIP TOOL (oh so a favorite and used often).  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.