Uploading to Second Life!

VeranniCakes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have Blender 2.76 with Avastar and I'm trying to figure out how to upload a t shirt correctly with weight paints, but I'm having trouble because the skin weight button is faded out! The shirt has movements in certain areas..such as the breast..and at the bottom of the shirt.

I need to know what do I need from Blender on my tshirt..and then  How to upload the shirt correctly on the SL uploader

Ok I actually binded the armature to the shirt at one point (avastar)...but it doesn't want to do that anymore, then I tried transferring the weights from the weight tools...and that looked lke it worked...so it copied the weights...I'm putting more effort! lol..but I still don't get it..the skin weight upload button is still not working.

I didn't mean "effort" but rather "export", my phone chose to incorrectly auto correct grr.

Summary:

Object must have weights

Must be bound to an armature

Export using Avastar's DAE export

Import with skin weights

If you don't use Avastar export you may end up with missing bones and that will cause the skin weights option to not be available even if the item is weighted and has an armature.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3060 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.