Texturing Mesh in Paintshop Pro x8

BabyGirlLacey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya everyone..

Just wondering if anyone might be able to help me out abit please.. I have spent a week searching the net for info on how to texture mesh using Paintshop Pro. I can' t fine any tutorials and nothing in youtube either.. 

I have Gimp too and also blender but having trouble working out how to texture the UV and the tutorials i did find for gimp i struggled to understand as the instructions are kinda hazy.. Really wanting to use Paintshop Pro as i know my way around the programme. 

Any help would be amazing, Thankyou.. You can contact me in world if easier. Thanks again guys!

Generic instructions:

If you ONLY have the UV map, then you put a layer over or under the UV making one of them semi tranparent and then "draw" (adding sections of textures in the appropriate areas if you want and adding shadowed edges etc.). You then make sure your texture is at 100 percent on the layer that will be your uploaded texture and upload.

If you have the AMBIENT map then you typically layer the  texture you are adding to the already shadowed map and use "mulitply" in the layer options to meld the two layers together and then merge it all and upload.

There is a tutorial from a mesh maker here on the ambient method that might help:  http://nakedmesh.blogspot.com/p/mesh-faqs.html

That general method works for any graphics program that I have ever used, but the wording of the features might be different. A starting place maybe :D.  

To add within Blender you would need the original mesh dae or blend file. I am guessing you don't have that.

The principle of painting meshes is for programs like Photoshop, Gim and Paintshop Pro quite the same.

Really not hard to get the basics, paint within the lines of the UV shells, if there is a ambient occlusion available apply it as the last layer and blend it in. Ambient occlusions are generated by the 3D program the modeler uses, he/she will add those to the items you got.

Following tutorials I made for Phostoshop some time ago. They're done for Photoshop but as said the principles are the same for all this style of programs.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2806 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.