Texture not showing up in Blender

beli Lorefield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay I'm sure I'm probably doing SOMETHING wrong... but when I follow this 

http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/36401/how-do-i-add-material-textures-to-only-one-face-of-an-object

My textures don't show up like they do int he picture? I'm using 2.75a as 2.77 keeps freezing up on me for some odd reason and no tricks I've found online makes it stop. 

Any help on the texturing would be helpful.  Thanks! (and yes I only clicked the ones that were turned grey.. as I wanted to see how it would turn out) 

I think you need a light source. Move the lamp I can see out in front of the house, or put a new one there, so that some light falls on the textured walls. If you experiment with the display and view rendering options, you should also find settings that will show you the materials without needing lighting.

In the video (which is quite old, try to find a newer one), he unwraps his plane that he is texturing to.

Did you do that?

You must follow the tutorial to the letter - every single thing to get the results you want.

If you are not, try learning the basics on smaller projects first - save this current project and go back and texture a plane or cube following a tutorial of your choosing.

We could sit here all day and play 20 questions - did you assign a material, do you have the proper shading display on, are your normals pointing the right way.. that is very tough.

Just follow the tutorials you view to the letter and you will get the results you seek.

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2830 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.