Texture change HUD woes

insilvermoonlight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all,

I'm a fairly new user to texture change HUDs. The one I use is from TD templates which uses face numbers that you apply your UUID to. 

Today I ran into an issue with a mesh template I'm using, which is a cardigan layered over a tee shirt. Out of the standard 5 sizes one of them has the faces mislabeled. For instance, I want to texture change the tee, not the cardigan. The tee is face number 0 on all but one, this one has the cardigan as face number 0. So I can't use my handy dandy HUD from TD templates. :(((

Are there HUDs available that use another method to change other than face numbers? If so can you give me some recommendations? I've looked through the MP, but the listings don't detail how the hud works. 

HELP! I have only a few days to get this work done for an event!!!

Thank you in advance!

If you can't get into the script to modify it, you're out of luck.  It's hard to design a "one size fits all" HUD that will anticipate all the various ways that faces and links might be numbered (or named).  If you're buying components off the shelf, you can hope that the creator has had enough sense to use the same numbering scheme throughout.  If not, or if you are trying to match a HUD made by one person with objects made by somebody else, you'll get random results. 

In this case, I'd suggest contacting the creator and asking for assistance.  S/he might be willing to send you an updated version of the item that's mislabeled.

I have to agree, I'd call the template "faulty" and just explain what difficulty is causing. One of two things will happen; the creator of the template will understand and appreciate the issue and will fix it, thank you for bringing it to their attention or, they'll say that they don't have to make it work with anything else, it's your problem etc.

At this point, you have the choice to never buy from them again and if bought from marketplace, submit a factual and objective review of the template.

The template creator may then apply to LL to have the review removed which should only happen in the case of the review being not objective. Most likely, the LL droids won't even check and will remove the review with an apology to the creator that they were affected by such a review.

Alternatively, the creator could just relist the item as a new product and start again with no reviews. Also against the rules but plenty of merchants either don't know the rules out do it deliberately and its not really policed by LL.

Choices choices!

I hope you get the first result. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3173 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.