THUMBS DOWN for mesh vehicles

Rafale Kamachi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am not sure of our exact case, but physics can really add up. I remember testing when it was beta. I had a traffic cone that I set physical and it skyrocketed from like 1 or 2 prims way way up.

You can make a custom physics shape instead of using the low LOD one that you can choose to autoupload. Maybe something very very low poly might work. I think there are video's at mechinimatrix for blender, but since this is all Collada files there might be some help even if you are using other software.

If that is not it, then I am betting scripts are where the issue lies. Not sure what you can do with this, I am reading about new script stuff and mesh stuff right now. Sorry I can't be of more help.

EDIT: I foudn this while at the wiki:

"Why does my land impact go up when I add a script?

The land impact of an object increases when you add a script if the land impact was determined by server weight. This happens only when the server weight is higher than either the streaming or physics weights of the object. Making an object dynamic (physical or scripted) increases the amount of work the server has to do to track that object. Most often, objects have a higher streaming or physics weight than server weight, so this only affects certain server-intensive pieces of content."

This sounds like it might be the issue. I am betting the script forum will be help on this if you narrow it down to this. Easy way is to delete the scripts one by one and check what happens.

First of all it's not the PE/LI that determines whether your boat will work or not, it's the physics cost itself (I understand even a working boat is not very desirable at that high a cost). A couple of pictures and details on your build with the stats for different LODs, number of objects in the linkset etc will help figuring out what's the matter. It's really just a guessing game at this point so if you want this fixed please offer more information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.