Simplified rigging?

SabaothMastema

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Really I just need the simplest, dumb as a rock, explanation for how to perform a mesh rigging for clothing. From what I gather you are basically pairing the second life skeleton with the clothing in question. Would I just join the model and the SL skeleton in blender? Or should I seek "better" software. I don't have the means to use avastar at the moment and I am painfully inept regarding mesh.
I am genuinely asking the usually helpful community for pointers because the tutorials never seem to stick.

I don't think there IS a simple method :D and most folks seem to use Avastar.

These tutorials might be of help. A series that includes fitted mesh and no Avastar -- if I remember correctly - didn't see any mention of Avastar in the the tutorials I opened.

Here is the first one:  http://ainetutorials.blogspot.ca/2015/11/tutorial-principles-of-blender-rigging.html

Thank you very much n.n

That seems like what I needed. I also found the avastar tutorial on weight painting that also explained rigging. From what I have gleaned, it is in a super simplified fashion just joining the skeleton with your item.

A few more steps involved to do it right but close enough for this caveman to understand.

*puts his club down*

Again thank you very much n.n

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.