Rigged mesh textures refusing to load (Maya)

Rob1977 Moonites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I've created a couple of models in Maya that have been rigged mesh, and when worn in SL the texture stops short of fully rezzing. It gets about half way and then refuses to load any further. If the object is rezzed on the ground or attached with no rigging information the texture loads up just fine. Also, if the texture is loaded from inventory then the texture on the worn rigged mesh will also finish loading.

I'm working with Maya 2012, but I've also tried exporting from 2011. No joy. I've tried new scenes, new rigs, duplicating the model and re-rigging. I've tried multiple armatures. Still nothing. I've also tried multiple textures, thinking that might be the problem, I've tried decreasing the size of the texture as well as just re-uploading it. Nope. I even had my partner log into my account and uploading (from another continent) thinking it might have had something to do with the server I was on. Then I tried uploading using a different account... I'm still no further along.

If anyone could shed any light on my problem I'd be extremely grateful. I'm getting a little sick of putting out mesh as regular attachements when I've spent so long working on getting the skinning and rigging end right.

Thanks for reading.

You're not doing anything wrong in Maya, and the problem is not with your model, so don't worry about that.  It's an SL bug.  For whatever reason, the highest LOD versions of textures on rigged meshes don't always load.  It's been discussed before.  I'm not sure if there's a JIRA on it yet or not.

Thank you for replying to me. I searched the forums high and low for other posts discussing this and replied in the only other one I found which was referencing Blender. I'm pretty glad to hear it's not something I'm doing wrong so I can stop pulling my hair out trying a million and one different ways to export. I have also read through the active JIRAs and didn't notice anything there. Perhaps I'll start one.

I don't suppose there's any work arounds for this?

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.