Rig clothes dosent fits

Paulyta Miles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am just guessing but it looks like you used the Avatar Restpose and the Avatar Restpose Shape when you modelled your attachment. However the Restpose shape in the available SL skeleton files is normally not identical to the Avatar default Shape in SL.

So you have 2 options to fix this:

1. Try to find a way for creating the default Avatar Shape in Maya. I believe that the Mayastar toolkit can do that, but i am not entirely sure if that is true.
  2. Tweak the mesh by eye until it matches in SL You could use Aditi to avoid upload costs while you are testing the fitting.

You didn't mention if you created fitted mesh or "normal" rigged mesh.

Not that either is going to give you a perfect match....

Rigged mesh won't change with all the SL sliders, fitted mesh won't move the same as the body does when moving the sliders.

So if you don't use a mesh body (which will deform exactly like your clothing with both shape changes and animations) it's impossible to make a perfect match.

Just get it as good as you can get it, then use an alpha mask if needed.

If you want to build for one specific shape you can use normal rigged mesh and match the skin weights.

Hi Paulyta,
It looks like you are using MayaStar.

If you had tried contacting me by sending me a note card in the last few days I apologize.
I haven't logged into SL in a few days.  I been busy working on an issue with the male avatar in MayaStar.

OK so let me ask a few questions.  Is the skirt Fitted Mesh or regular Classic Rigging?  What viewer are you using to log into SL with?  Are you using the T-Pose Stand that comes with MayaStar in SL to compare the version in Maya T-Pose with the T-Pose in SL?

In MayaStar in the Appearance Editor window there are two buttons.  One is named SL Default Avatar Shape and the other one is named Mesh Default.  The Default Avatar Shape button makes the same shape as when in SL if you go into your inventory and right mouse click and create a brand new shape.  This new shape is always female and is commonly referred to as Ruth.

The Mesh Default button the skeleton is in the default position which is defined in the avatar_skeleton.xml file and has no Blend Shapes / Morphs applied.  

I am sure we can figure this out. :)

Cathy 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3198 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.