Questions about Creating Fitted Mesh Clothing for Mesh Bodies

Imagin Illyar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been slowly learning mesh and have decided that what I really want to create is mesh clothing for the popular mesh bodies - Maitreya, Belleza, MBP and Slink.  I have a pipeline (Marvelous Designer, ZBrush, PhotoShop) and have managed to get a few items rigged/weighted and working in SL for the regular SL avatar using Avastar.  I realize that I now need to learn fitted mesh to create for mesh bodies but how does one get started?

Slink and MBP require you to have an established store before they give out their developer kits.  I've heard that Maitreya doesn't have a developer kit availble yet but there is plenty of mesh clothing available for Maitreya already.  How are they doing this?  What does a developer kit include anyway?  Mesh bodies pretty much are fitted mesh themselves but clearly there are some differences than just smothing out the oddities or why would we need developer kits? 

Also, does Avastar have any step-by-step tutorials yet for fitted mesh?  I used their videos to learn the rigging and weighting for regular mesh clothes but can't find one for fitted mesh yet.  I'd be more than willing to pay for a course from them just in fitted mesh for clothing created in other programs and brought into Blender/Avastar for rigging & weighting.

If anyone could just point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.  

The support for fitted mesh in Avastar has been very "basic" up to Avastar 1.5. Technically it works and you could do fitted mesh all the time with Avastar and i know a few who tell me its as easy as it can be. However for me the detailed process for creating "good" fitted mesh has so many oddities that i could not create a good fitted mesh documentation yet. We first had to create some reasonably stable fitted mesh tools.

And this is what we will pack into the Avastar 1.6 release. We are currently working on the documentation for the new release which will include a chapter about how to work with fitted mesh. And we are preparing a beta version which hopefully can be made available soon (probably sometime in october 2015)

If you are very familiar with Blender and Avastar (classic rigging) then you could give it a try and test Avastar 1.6 alpha:

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/2015/06/20/27118/

and watch the playlist at:

But this should ONLY be used for testing purposes!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3116 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.