The resident who provided the previous content, if any, has replaced it with this generic statement.

Qwalyphi Korpov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What do you mean by "Blender default texturing"? If you mean you didn't make a UV map, then there is no UV map, and (at least in 2.49) the collada exported has no UV coordinates. In that case it appears that the uploader uses uninitialised data in place of the UV map. The results can vary, from everything textured with one pixel, to having random variously stretched uv islands for each face (see pictures in this jira). The range includes in-between things like the cone you show. I don't know if the later Blender versions do provide a default UV mapping, but if that's what you are using, then I guess not.

So, unless it changed in 6.2, that means no UV map data in the Collada file, with the random UV map results. You can check by looking for "TEXCOORD" in the collada file (unless that changed too). Depending on what else you are doing, this may give you different texturing anf even different LI each time you upload the same file (reset data each time if you have slm mechanism on). Then make a UV map and see the difference.

Here are three cones, all the dafault cone you get when you add a cone. The upper two are the same collada file exported without making a UV map. Each of these is a separate upload of the same file. The one at the bottom was exported after making a simple UV map (not the one I would choose, but...). They are all textured with the same grid texture.

badcones.jpg

The export for Secondlife only influences how rigged meshes get exported. The checkmark has no influence on static meshes at all (at least to my knowledge). There is for sure no relation to UV maps.

@Qwalyphi Korpov: Note that all primstar-2 UV shapes are created with a UV map compatible to Sculpted prims. That's why they are named UV shapes ... :) 

All Blender default objects like the Blender Cone do not have a UV map by default and you will have to unwrap them before you can do serious texturing for Second Life. The results you show are expected when no UV map is present.

• 5 months later...

Drongle McMahon wrote:

So, unless it changed in 6.2, that means no UV map data in the Collada file, with the random UV map results. You can check by looking for "TEXCOORD" in the collada file (unless that changed too). Depending on what else you are doing, this may give you different texturing anf even different LI each time you upload the same file (reset data each time if you have slm mechanism on). Then make a UV map and see the difference.

Thank you, this post was an enormous help, exactly the reason for what I was experiencing.  Planar texturing /sort of/ worked but default was completely crazy.  Saw this post and spent a moment to uv map each face and poof,  works like a charm, I can't even begin to imagine how long it would have taken me to think of trying that if I ever did.   ++Hero points!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4234 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.