Problem with mesh I am uploading

LuckyCreations1488303085

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been working with Google Sketchup to create a mesh. Everything works fine, but I have to export the collada into blender to merge all of the meshes that Sketchup creates together. When I upload the model into Second Life, some of the faces are invisible. I know you have to have two layers of a face if you want both sides to be visible, so I made sure that both sides are facing outward in Sketchup. I have tried reversing the normals of the faces in blender, but that has no effect. Is there a certain limit to the number of vertices that you can have in a mesh? The model that I am uploading has 1156 triangles and 1631 vertices.

Below is a picture of the model in all 3 programs, Sketchup, Blender, and Second Life. In the Sketchup and Blender pictures you can see that I have glass in the two windows on the left side, a roof, and the top of the wooden panels are visible. When you look at the Second Life picture, the glass, roof, and top of the panels are invisible. In Second Life, the underside of the ceiling is visible, but not the outer roof. The roof is two separate faces, one for the bottom of the ceiling, and one for the outer roof. I have tried many different things to try and get them to be visible, but nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this?

ART GALLERY PROBLEM.jpg

Guess No. 1

Assuming this is all one mesh, how many materials are there? (You can see in Blender by looking at the Buttons window, Link and materials panel, thing with two arrows under "Materials" - the number on the left of "Mat".). Only 8 materials are allowed. If you upload a model with more, the faces with extra ones are simply not rendered (at least that was how it was last time I tested it.)

Guess No. 2

If this is still a linkset with a number of objects, there is a bug that loses location info for some linked meshes so they end up at 0,0,0. If you find them and select, as described in in the jira, you can get them back.

Just a few tips if I may, Which version of blender are you using? If your using the 2.56 version then there are several modifiers that will greatly aid in you building of things like a house. These same modifiers are probably available in 2.49 but I make no guarantee as I haven't work in that version for many months. Solidify Decimate Array Are all likely to help you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.