Polygon Hair Problem

Darla Hadisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am learning how to create polygon hair for my Second Life avatar, but I am having trouble with a certain task.

If you scroll to about 0:18 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAsslleGjJY

I would like to ask, how do I do that part with the cylinders?  I tried it, and it brought all the sides inward to resemble a cone when it should be like in that part of the video.  When I tried the task, I did have my cylinder straight and centered vertically.

I did tilt the cylinder previously, but when I used the border select tool, it selected parts I don't want to use.  What should I do (keyboard shortcuts and/or what path would I have to take) in order to make the cylinder as is shown at about 0;18 in the video?

I had seen that video just recently. Didn't look closely enough again to answer your question as it make hair that is VERY HEAVY and not what you really want for SL.

I am sure someone else will answer your specific question but keep that in mind. No one wants hair that doesn't "arrive with them" when the teleport and that is what happens with heavy hair :D.

Good luck on your hair jouney!

Hi :)

Try the following:

In Edit mode, looking straight at your cylinder in Front Ortho view (numpad 1)

Select all of the cylinder and rotate it a few degrees in the Y axis  ( A  R  Y  10 )

Deselect Cylinder  (  )

Go into Wireframe view  (  Z ) and Box select the top ring of vertices ( B  drag mouse around to select )

Return to solid view  ( Z  )

Scale the selected vertices along the X axis until they  flatten    (  S X slide mouse )

Done.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.