Physics issue

Chic Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now I do know how to make a physics model for a house and I have done MANY, but this one is not working and while I can think of a few ways around it, I would like to know why this one isn't and how it could be corrected -- well,  correctly.

Physics model cubes do not touch at all (I made several version with various spaces and that did no good). Both physics model and house walls dae had location, rotation and scale applied and origin was set to geometry (I always do that).

I am using Firestorm so don't have the choices in the drop down box, but I have made a few dozen houses without that option so that doesn't seem to be a likely culprit.

The "wood trim" was EXTRUDED rather than a cube and that is something I don't normally do. 

The interior (basically the same but reversed to the inside) has the same problem.

Thanks for insights. I'll work on textures for awhile and it will be a PRETTIER house with a difficult to enter doorway :D.  

It looks like your end walls are each all in one piece. In that case, they are not convex, having two concavities, the door and the indentation of the longer roof slope. For the technique of using non-overlapping boxes to guide the "Analyze" decomposition reliably, all the boxes have to be convex hulls already. Otherwise you are still likely to suffer from the limitations of the decomposition. So it should work if you make these something like the one in this picture. 

ETA: Generally, I would probably have used a triangle-based physics mesh for this type of house, just because the physics weight is often lower, but that's a separate issue.

:D

THANK YOU.

While I didn't actually understand what you were saying, I will give that a shot. The actually "walls" were only one piece also, hence I just matched that, but hopefully your easy fix will be an easy fix.

Physics is VERY low on this (actually download too but physics isn't an issue) so in this case this method worked fine.

Will report when energy returns.

edit:   Fixed that as you showed and also needed to fix the BACK wall as while it worked it was not "right" and that was obvious from the uploader.

Not sure WHY I somehow erased the CUBE part of the scenario. Maybe because I never made anything this shape. Certainly knew better. Two steps forward, one step back.

THANK YOU. Appreciate it!

Phyics 1.2

More testing reminded me WHY I always upload in sections. Land impact about a third SEVENTH of uploading as a shell even though it is very simple. So will backtrack and go that route.

All seems well now. I was just having a blonde moment I guess.

Thanks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.