Non T-Pose clothing (Using Avastar)

Zak Kozlov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

Sometimes for many reasons I create my mesh not in T-Pose. and I figured out a workflow for rigging them that works but it's quite annoying to do:

One: unbind / freeze the avatar in the same position as the clothing (or it will deform back on step two)

Two: Snap rig to pose

Three: Reattach the avatar in the new position and start rigging my clothe

When done weight painting I detach my clothing while keeping its weight and start with a fresh Avastar, pose it, re-attach my clothing and alter to rest pose. My mesh clothe is now smoothly weighted and is in T-Pose

However, I seen some mesh around that were not frozen in T-Pose at all yet still followed the animation positions in SL as if it was.

Here is an example, you can see the mesh geometry is not in T-Pose and it dosnt seem to affect the animation bones position. Which is something I've been trying to figure out how to do for a long time and never been able to despite messing around with every seemingly default-pose related options there is

Untitled.jpg

Knowing how to do that would be very helpful to me right now so I been looking at it again and still can't figure it out

If you can help me I promise a never ending supply of gummybears.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

<- old reply account i never used

It can be 1 of 2 thing, maybe scripted in world rez appearance, unlikely.

Or maybe it is saved joint positions.

If it is joint position I do not support it's use for something like clothing, it can clash with other outfit parts using joint positions. Wear enough and your animations will twitch every few second.

Go T pose as much as you can!

If it is not either then I do not know

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3158 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.