Need Blender Tutor

DevilinKali

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have watched video's. I have clicked every button available. I can't for the life of me figure out how to use blender. I need someone who can show me the basics. After that, I should be able to pick it up on my own. I will be paying you for your services. Contact devilinkali resident in SL. Thanks.

I'll give you three pieces of advice for free here :matte-motes-smile:

1. Do not watch or read Blender tutorials unless you are sure they are for Blender 2.6 or 2.7. Most of the tutorials on the interweb were made for earlier versions. Blender's interface has been completely redone since then so they will only confuse a beginner and be of no help at all.
  2. Check the Builder's Brewery class schedule. BB is the largest and most important builders' group in SL and they hold some excellent practical Blender classes for beginners.
  3. If you are new to mesh, remember that it's the uploader that is the real challenge, not the program you happen to use for creating your meshes.

I'll second what ChinRey said about Builder's Brewery.  Their classes are excellent and they have beginner and intermediate  blender classes, no doubt, all geared to SL specific use of Blender.  And the instructors are great teachers, which is a skill in itself.

Here's a link to the class schedule:

http://www.buildersbrewery.com/calendar/index.php

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3298 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.