Mesh upload for testing

XbabylonX

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

trying to understand how to manage and go to these famous beta testing sims for mesh but I think Im a bit confused. Please, could somebody post the steps one by one?

Thank you!

PS So far I only got to Ahern (by selecting its location when logging in with firestorm) but I supposed to have many many lindens for my tests (?)
Also, by using map, I searched for sandboxes, picked one, tp'ed there but it didnt let me enter since Im not a premium user.

Omg lol, someone please help.

there are no famous testing sims, it is another grid, seperated from the world we normally walk in.

There is also no interaction between both grids. Things you uploadu in beta will not be available in the normal grid.

you can log in in adity ( this is the official name for the testgrid) with the same pw and username as SL, using the same viewer, but different log in location.

Your viewer has the possibility to select different grids.

You will need to complete a NEW AND SEPARATE mesh upload test for the beta grid. Sometimes it is difficult to even FIND that tast  in order to take it. Sometimes it doesn't appear on the page where it should be. 

Here is the link to the wiki page. Currently the link to take you to the upload test apparently goes to an unsecure page?  That's the message I get from my browser. Anyway, it's a start. It took me a long while to get it worked out so you won't be alone in the hassles.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Preview_Grid#Uploading_Mesh_on_Aditi

Hi :)

XbabylonX wrote:

Greetings,

trying to understand how to manage and go to these famous beta testing sims for mesh but I think Im a bit confused. Please, could somebody post the steps one by one?

Thank you!

At the Firestorm Login screen open the Preferences menu then from the Advanced menu enable Allow Login to other Grids.

Before actually logging in open the Log into Grid menu and choose Second Life Beta. Then in the Start at box type in mesh sandbox 1 as your destination.

There are a few other sandboxes  you could use but that one is as good a starting point as any of the others

It used to be that everybody received the same amount of "play" L$ to use on the Beta grid but a while ago it changed so that you had the same amount of "play" L$ as you have on the main grid.

As Chic has already pointed out you will not be able to upload  mesh untill you have redone the little mesh test.

I know this IS confusing and is for everyone so don't feel badly.

It has been years but if you can find your member console for Aditi (it looks just like the one for the main grid) you can often take the mesh test from there. I can't seem to find a link to GET there using Google and I haven't actually been there in years --- but the important thing so far as mesh uploads is that even if you can GET to the Sandbox (not all that difficult and Aquila has explained) you will not be able to upload mesh without completing that test FOR ADITI.   

Maybe someone who has been to that member console of late can help with that part.

Meanwhile I found a newish video on the beta grid while looking for the other stuff for you. Might be helpful.

XbabylonX wrote:

what do you mean by saying "
Then in the
Start at
box type in
mesh
sandbox 1
"?

When logging into Secondlife with the Firestorm viewer: at the bottom on the screen are the boxes Username:, Password:, Start at: and Login into Grid: .

The Start at: is the location (sim) you want to arrive at when you log in. Mesh sandbox 1 is the name of a place on the beta grid where you can rez meshes, so if you type in the Start at: box mesh sandbox 1 you will arrive directly there when you log into the Beta Grid :).

XbabylonX wrote:

Is
s the test everyone is talking about?

Yes that is the IP test tutorial you have to complete before being able to upload mesh. (but I could not say if that is the actual page for the Beta grid mesh test). There are two identical IP tests, one for the main grid (Agni) and one for the Beta grid (Aditi)

When you get to the Beta grid and try to upload a mesh it will give an error if you haven't completed the mesh IP test for the Beta grid. It used to be that along with the error message it linked to the Beta grid (Aditi) mesh test page. I don't know if it still does that or not.

• 2 weeks later...

TrainzObjects wrote:

Can u tell me  more details how you managed to sign in on beta grid?

First enable multiple grids in your preferences. Aquila already mentioned where to find it in Firestorm, in the official SL viewer it's Me -> Preferences -> Advanced -> ShowGrid Selection at login.

Once you have done that you will get a new dropdown menu on the startup screen where you can choose which grid to log in to.

You don't have to take any kind of tests to log on to the beta grid. Anybody can do that and the beta grid is used for a lot more than mesh upload tests. But if you want to upload any mesh there, you need to take the mesh test separately for that grid.

Username and password is supposed to be the same for both grids, however if you change your password, it will take a while before it is updated on beta, usually about 24 hours, sometimes longer. Sometimes it isn't updated at all and you have to contact LL (through a support ticket) and get them to do ti manually.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2986 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.