Mesh tutorial insanity

Neural Blankes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I thought things were pretty bad when sculpted prims were introduced into SL, but it pales in comparison to mesh.

There are at least 5 different "rigged avatar" files out there, each one of them different form the other with the exception of the consistency of the bone names.  None of them upload properly.

So called "tutorials" which are avialable fall into one of two catagories: category A) Using software no-one can afford without owning a bank, or category B) Using Blender, which goes through a complete interface/backend/overall rewrite every month or so, thus rendering all previous tutorials and documentation invalid and of no practical use other than to say "well, it worked with that version"

This mass of useless, incorrect, or outdated information coupled with the lack of information from Linden Lab makes mesh nearly impossible to get into, even if you know how to use 3D software packages.

It would be nice if people would stop acting like paranoid hoarders with info on mesh, and start sharing more with the community.

Mesh has the potential to make SL into an amazing world, but you won't make any money off of it if you hoard your secrets, because there will wind up being so little mesh content that users will start to spend their money on traditional items.

/rant

Don't you remember that it took almost 2 years to get the support for Sculpted prims (documentation and tools) into a good shape ? I must admit that i am mainly looking at Blender here, where we initially had a horrible workflow for sculpties paired with a horrible user interface in Blender. Only after the famous "Domino Scripts" appeared, things started to improve at tgat time. Actually i believe that Domino Marama should get a large incentive from Linden Labs for his effort ...

Well... Thats for the past. But in my opinion right now the situation is by far less drama, because Mesh is supported by all major 3D tools out of the box (Well you need a working Collada exporter, but that's all you need besides mastering your tool set).

However i agree about your issue with rigged meshes in general, and the Avatar skeleton in particular. The main problem here is (for me) that actually Blender gives us a hard time to survive with its horrible Collada support. I believe there are a few people who are trying to solve the Blender Collada issues right now, and one "solution" was the hacked armature, which works "only" for Blender 2.60.

And it is just not true that Blender's User interface changes every month in an uncontrolled way. it improves and IMHO it gets less nasty with every release. Actually i am very pleased with what we have at the moment, especially tomorrow (today) when Blender 2.61 comes out, there will be a LOT of improvement (and ok, there will be a lot of awesome new stuff, but most of it won't be relevant for Mesh and Sculptes (at this moment...)

So that's my opinion. But well,  i might be biased a bit :)

Mesh isn't something you just walk into, pick up and start making masterpieces from the word go. As Pamela said, it's a complex subject in general, and NOT just for SL. Just google 3D mesh and you will see how massive a subject it is.

I suggest you find a modeling program you are comfortable with AND can afford, LEARN it properly, LEARN the general concepts of 3D... and THEN start making mesh for SL. There is no other way to do this efficiently. If you can't be bothered to put in the effort to at least learn the basic concepts, you are facing an uphill battle from the very beginning. I cannot stress this strongly enough.

There are PLENTY of either free or low-cost 3D programs out there - try the demos, find one you are comfortable with in regards to interface, and stick with it. Myself, I use a mixture of low-cost 3D programs (personal preference mostly, for a variety of tasks - some are better than others at different stages of the process). And despite its quirks, Blender is free AND it has recently undergone a major facelift in interface design, so is much less painful to use than previous iterations.

And the reason for my harsh tone? Your accusation of people like myself being "paranoid hoarders with info on mesh". Do you even bother reading these forums? Have you even attempted looking at HOW MUCH information regulars in here freely share with others? These forums are a goldmine of information, if you make the effort to actually LOOK. I know your post wasn't directed at me personally, but I take affront to your general tone. Sometimes I wonder why I bother trying to be helpful in here.

:matte-motes-mad:

/rant end.

EDIT: Apologies for my rather snippy remarks Neural. I received your message inworld, and can understand your frustration. Neither of us worded our posts very well here, and as such things have been blown out of proportion. For the record, definitely no bad feelings on my part now.

There is a wealth of information in this forum, as well as some other locations. People have been more than generous with their time.  However, having to sift through forum posts to find relevant information is in my experience less than efficient.

At the User Group meeting it was stated that while documentaion was on LL radar, they "did not have time" to do it. Well, as has been pointed out many times, and in this very thread, there are residents who have made huge contributions to the fund of knowledge on this and related topics, and if any of them have time to compile a central support and troubleshooting guide, LL might want to consider offering them the job.

Neural Blankes wrote:

I thought things were pretty bad when sculpted prims were introduced into SL, but it pales in comparison to mesh.

Really?  Let's see...

• Sculpties are entirely unique to SL, and literally no one in this planet knew how to make them before they were introduced.  Mesh, on the other hand, has been the standard way 3D content has been created for decades now, which means every 3D artist in the entire world knows how to do it.
  • Information on creating sculpties exists in only a small handful of places, while information on mesh modeling can be found on practically on any street corner.
  • The selection of available tools for making sculpties is limited to just a small handful of programs for which people have written specialized scripts, while the choice of tools for making mesh models is unlimited.

Yup, you're right.  Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad. Let me guess, you went to sleep with gum in your mouth, and woke up with gum in your hair, and then you tripped over your skateboard, and you dropped your sweater in the sink, all because of mesh, right? 

Neural Blankes wrote:

There are at least 5 different "rigged avatar" files out there, each one of them different form the other with the exception of the consistency of the bone names.  None of them upload properly.

None of them upload properly? So the rigged mesh items that are on the grid somehow just magically appeared there without having been uploaded?  Neat trick.  How does that work?  Oh right, aliens.  Yeah, we talked about that in another thread already.

All this time, the skeleton I use has been pretending to upload just fine.  See, I really thought the fact that it was working actually meant it was working.  Thanks for letting me know it was only fooling.

Neural Blankes wrote:

So called "tutorials" which are avialable fall into one of two catagories:

Two categories, huh?  All those countless millions of tutorials on the Web, all the books on polygonal modeling in every bookstore and library in the world, all those classes taught at colleges, universities, and training centers, all those DVD's you can purchase from any number of digital arts educational institutions, they all fit into just two categories?  Really?  All the years I've been doing this, I had no idea it was all so simple and neat.

Neural Blankes wrote:

A) Using software no-one can afford without owning a bank

Wow, I own a bank?  Cool, where is it?  Is it the one near my house?  I hope so.  There's this really cute teller that works there, who's always so nice.  I can't wait to tell her I'm her boss, and I'm gonna give her a promotion.

I'm puzzled about one thing, though.  How come it doesn't say "Comes with free bank" anywhere on the checkout page when you pay for Maya?  That's a little misleading, isn't it?  I mean if that's what you get, they should at least tell you about it.  I'll definitely be taking this up with Autodesk.  Thanks for letting me know.

Neural Blankes wrote:

B) Using Blender, which goes through a complete interface/backend/overall rewrite every month or so, thus rendering all previous tutorials and documentation invalid and of no practical use other than to say "well, it worked with that version"

Complete rewrite every month?  Wow, that's impressive.  Those programmers over at the Blender Foundation must have one of those nifty time bubble devices from Stargate, so they can spend years writing a new program from scratch inside the dome, while only a month goes by outside. 

If that's the case, then I guess your troubles will soon be over, since they'll all likely be dying of old age inside of a year, then.  That'll show them sombitches.

In the mean time, here I was, thinking that the presence of all the dozens of other viable options besides Blender meant in case someone doesn't like Blender, there were dozens of other viable options.  Thanks for informing me that those don't actually exist.

Neural Blankes wrote:

This mass of useless, incorrect, or outdated information coupled with the lack of information from Linden Lab makes mesh nearly impossible to get into, even if you know how to use 3D software packages.

Impossible to get into?  Thanks for telling me.  See, all this time I thought I WAS into it.  I mean, I make 3D models for a living and all, and I've been uploading a bunch of 'em to SL.  I really thought that meant I was in.  But I guess I must not be, since that would be impossible.  Thanks for setting me straight.

I suppose I should go tell all the other people I know who have been under the same impression that they've been using mesh successfully that they've really just been imagining things.  I really appreciate you freely spreading your superior knowledge like this.  It's so helpful.

I also think it's fantastic that you took the time to alert us all to the fact that the entire Internet, plus every book ever written, every video ever produced, every class currently being taught, and every help file in every program is useless, incorrect, and outdated.  See, all this time I thought my shelf full of books and training DVD's actually contained information.  I didn't realize they were just there to keep that shelf weighed down, so my house wouldn't fall off the earth.  I'll make sure and keep 'em there, now that I know.

Neural Blankes wrote:

It would be nice if people would stop acting like paranoid hoarders with info on mesh, and start sharing more with the community.

Yeah, you're so right.  All those countless thousands of hours I've spent on this forum, freely volunteering information to anyone and everyone who's cared to ask for it, none of that actually happened either.  I was really just a paranoid hoarder all this time.  I'm so grateful to you for clearing me of my delusions.

I do now have to wonder about something.  I'm sure you can explain it to me, oh great wellspring of wisdom and certitude.  If mesh is impossible to get into, what exactly is there to hoard?   I know it must be something, but clearly it's not information about mesh, because we've already established that that's all useless, incorrect, and outdated.  Oh, wait, I've got it.  It's my collection of used chewing gum wrappers that I thought was non-existent up until two seconds ago.  Yup, believe you me, I guard that thing like a crack-addicted swarm of killer bees guards their queen. 

Oh, and for the record, I'm not paranoid.  Those Lectroids from the eighth dimension really are out to get me.  Is it safe?

Neural Blankes wrote:

Mesh has the potential to make SL into an amazing world, but you won't make any money off of it if you hoard your secrets, because there will wind up being so little mesh content that users will start to spend their money on traditional items.

Once again, you're so right.  OK, no more secrets.  I once injured my back while having sex, and when the paramedics arrived, I told them I'd been lifting furniture.  Ooh does it ever feel good to get that out in the open.

• Like 3

In the Content Creation/Mesh Upload group on 12/12 we were discussing getting more documentation in place on the wiki. The Lindens are busy and they have a few (3?) people working on documentation.

However, users can edit and add to the wiki. So, we need some people to collect the best threads in the forums and build a set of links into a wiki page for best practices.

Over time users may write best practices summaries. 

Expecting the Lindens to do everything often seems reasonable, I just know better.

Complete rewrite every month? Wow, that's impressive. Those programmers over at the Blender Foundation must have one of those nifty time bubble devices from Stargate, so they can spend years writing a new program from scratch inside the dome, while only a month goes by outside.

Actually, you are incorrect, Chosen Few. It's called a Time Dilation Device. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

A device capable of altering the speed at which time passes in an area around itself. The first Ancient time dilation technology was in the Pegasus galaxy, where the Lanteans had constructed a refuge on a planet known as the Cloister, which had one entrance. The entire 'valley' region was engulfed by the time dilation field that accelerated time within its position in order to allow the inhabitants to learn how to ascend.

The field was a potent defensive mechanism as it prevents objects from entering the bubble from orbit, as they would be destroyed from the stresses generated by the field. The device is powered by a ZPM. A second form was later seen in the Milky Way, used by Morgan le Fay as one of her tests for persons searching for the Sangraal. This model had a set field around the location of the mountain, which almost froze objects that entered the field and was the reason why many human villagers were lost on the quest as they had become trapped in the field. However, as part of the test, a set path is present that allowed movement without being compromised. And a third was installed by the Asgard into the Odyssey, (along with an Asgard core and many other systems) which Colonel Carter used in Unending to protect the Odyssey from the Ori, while she could find a way to isolate the Asgard core from the hyperdrive and shut the core down as it was giving off a signal the Ori could trace through sub-space.

A similar device was discovered a few years earlier. This was much larger, which dialed several planets through the Stargate to form a subspace bubble. The machine was flawed, as it only creates a short-term time loop, which forces the planets that the device dialed to relive the same ten hours again and again. It is powered by the ionized atoms in the atmosphere caused by the geo-magnetic storms on the planet. Two capacitors start to hum and emit static electricity that is channeled to the Stargate. The Ancients originally created it to stop a plague that was wiping them out, although it eventually only forced them to keep doing the same thing over and over. In the end, they were forced to shut down the device.

Neural Blankes wrote:

/rant

Hoarding information? You really must be kidding. Out of all the rants that have come into this forum, this one is by far the most offensive. Those of us that have made tutorials and have helped people out personally have not "hoarded" anything. In the future, I'd suggest that you ask people for help first instead of insulting a group of people that have volunteered their time for free.

I have to agree with Neural, but only In world on the forums its more helpful. I'm in a couple groups and whenever this topic pops up everyone gets real quiet and whoever does try help without saying nothing silly its still nothing helpful. Like the others have said its not something you can jump in right away and make amazing stuff with little to no exp. It takes time to learn. Hopefully soon we have more guides and stuff so people can pick it up faster.

I think I should just post briefly here, in fairness for Neural.

She contacted me inworld not long after my initial reply to her in this thread yesterday. In essence, without giving away private conversations (TOS), she was frustrated and had posted here in haste, and regretted her wording with hindsight. She had NOT intended to begin a flame thread, although some of us have taken offence to the way she expressed her frustration.

As Kolver suggests, mayhaps inworld via groups it's hard to get the knowledge that Neural alluded to, which would potentially explain the frustration factor (and the allegation of "paranoid hoarding of info" (possibly)). Still, her intial post in this thread stung a lot of us... me included.... I guess it's a classic case of misinterpretation and overreaction all around, at least from my point of view anyways.

A better choice of words would have been preferable, for sure. However, I guess this underlines the frustration factor some residents must be experiencing in regards to accessing logical mesh knowledge, especially not really knowing WHERE to start.

I'm letting bygones be bygones now. Neural and I have patched up our differences. 'Nuff said. :matte-motes-smile:

• Like 1

Linden Lab communications have gone badly downhill in the last year. Even Torley Linden seems to have gone quiet

I sometimes wonder what documentation they have themselves.

But, yeah, the fascination with Blender often seems excessive. I don't use it, and sometimes things feel like I'm seeing a Mac user explaining how to use Windows. 

Kolver wrote:

I have to agree with Neural, but only In world on the forums its more helpful. I'm in a couple groups and whenever this topic pops up everyone gets real quiet and whoever does try help without saying nothing silly its still nothing helpful. Like the others have said its not something you can jump in right away and make amazing stuff with little to no exp. It takes time to learn. Hopefully soon we have more guides and stuff so people can pick it up faster.

I don't know what groups you're in or what's been said in any of them, but I'd be more inclined to believe people are simply asking questions that cannot easily be answered, and then they're getting frustrated at what they perceive to be tight lips from potential respondants.  Meanwhile, the real truth is polygonal modeling is a HUGE subject, about which there can be no specific answers without very specific questions.

When a question is precise, like "How would you recommend I UV this particular model for most efficient use of the texture canvas?" or "What would be your suggestion for reducing the land impact of this model I've been working on?" a great many others all over SL and elsewhere are more than happy to chime in with great advice.  But needless to say, such specific questions can only be asked by those who already have at least some idea of what they're doing.

When people are just starting out with this stuff, they do not yet know enough to know what to ask about, and they most likely wouldn't be able to make sense of the asnwers, even if they did.  So, of course, they inevitably ask all the wrong questions.

I spend more time answering people's questons than probably anyone, but even I would have trouble offering up much in the way of an immediate response if someone just asked, "What's the secret to making mesh items?"  That kind of question just simply isn't fair.  There can be no answer to it.  You might as well try to ask a musician, "What's the secret to playing instruments?" or ask a chef, "What's the secret to making food?"  That's just not how learning a new subject works, and that goes double when the subject in question is both an art form and a science.

To do the subject any justice at all would be to enter into a discussion that could take hours, days, or even weeks, if the one asking has had no prior experience.  With that in mind, it's more than understandable that most people would not opt to even try when somoene asks something so impossibly broad.  It's simply beyond the scope of in-world discussion, or even forum discussion, to start from the very beginning and explain fully to the end.

The only real answer is this.  There's one way, and only one way, to learn 3D modeling, and it's not to go asking people in SL for a five minute explanation.  You must be willing to commit to the process of climbing a steep learning curve, and to put in the amount of serious time and effort that acheiving such a goal demands.  At a minimum, you'll need to devote several weeks to learning the baics fundamentals of whatever your modeling program of choice happens to be. Then you must practice, practice, practice, and after that, you have to practive some more.

Try this.  The next time you encounter someone who's good at 3D modeling, instead of asking for a quick and easy secret to how to do it,  instead simply ask the person how long it took him or her to get so good.  Then you'll have some idea of how much time you'll have to put in, before you're able to get the same kinds of results.

If you want the level of mastery that profesionals have, it tends to take about 18 months of full time effort, or about three years of part time effort.  If you just want to keep it at casual hobbyist level, expect to have a good command over the basics in about six to eight weeks of steady work.

I know that's probably not what you wanted to hear.  But it is the only truth I've got. 

If you really want to learn this stuff, you're going to have to do it the same way I did, which is the same way every other 3D artist I know did it.  Pick a program to start with, spend a few weeks learning how it works by following a well put together course of "getting started" tutorials, and then, once you have a solid mastery of the basics, apply that knowledge to the items you want to make. 

If you have questions along the way, by all means ask, and we'll be more than happy to help.  But kindly don't expect more of us than is humanly possible.  We can offer guidance, but you're the only one who can start yourself on the path.

As for the OP's assertion that even people who already know 3D modeling can't make models for SL, that's simply ridiculous.  There's absolutely nothing about modeling for SL that is markedly different from modeling for any other realtime platform.  Needless to say, the OP has no idea how easy or hard any of this might be for people who already know how to model, beause the OP does not (yet) fit that description him/herself.  If the OP actually were already a skilled modeler, he/she never would have had any cause to post such an ignorance-based rant in the first place.

• Like 1

WolfBaginski Bearsfoot wrote:

But, yeah, the fascination with Blender often seems excessive.

It's not a question of "fascination".  Blender just happens to be the most powerful free 3D modeling platform in existence.  It's popular for good reason.

I say that, by the way, as one who is not an active user of Blender.   (My tool of choice is Maya.)  Nonetheless, I'm quite familiar with Blender's capabilities.  The fact that I don't use it does not in any way bar me from appreciating its value.  It is arguably one of the most important programs ever written.

You got my point perfectly, not sure if Chosen Few did though. I totally understand so many having trouble with this and if you never use blender before, and you see it for the first time you like omg. If she have the time to learn it then she be fine and be making nice stuff after a while.

But in my opinion Chosen has explained the situation correctly. I believe that what many people are asking effectively:

"How can i make a mesh without gathering knowledge about how to make a mesh"

And any tutorial which pretends to tell you

"How to make a mesh in 5 minutes"

would at best get you to reproduce what the tutorial author did show you.

So i think, maybe i should share  "my story" with meshes, blender and tutorials/documentation. Maybe that can help the OP at leasta bit...

When mesh started last year Matrice Laville and me made a tutorial series aimed at Second life users who already had some experience in making sculpted prims.

http://blog.machinimatrix.org/3d-creation/blender-meshes-trail/

I refer to the 3 tutorials named "Static Meshes I,II,III". We tried to keep the entry level low, but we struggled because of a lot of issues:

1. We made it with blender 2.4 which has a not beginners friendly user interface
  2. We made it while mesh was still undergoing huge changes
  3. And we made it in a hurry because we wanted to get it out with the start of the public Beta phase.

Actually these tutorials are not completely outdated, but they no longer give you what you need to start when you are a beginner. These tutorials would have to be completely reworked to become easy to apply to the current version of meshes in SL.

With the start of Meshes on Agni i released another series of tutorials again adressed to users with some knowledge about making sculpted prims. In this case the idea was to show a transition path from sculpties to meshes. But this time i used blender 2.5 for the tutorial.  I refer to "the kettle Quest" series that you can also find on the above mentioned web page. And again ... I suffered from

1. Blender has become much better and nicer and easier, but many of the experienced sculpted prim makers know how to work with the old blender, but never touched the new blender.
  2. Even after going life, the mesh project is very actively changing its "look and feel". So any attempt to describe the mesh importer has failed (for me) because whenever i finished a tutorial, it become outdated the next day.

So i stopped trying to always run behind and started to concentrate on the "mesh making aspect" independent from SL. And that was when "the Shoe quest" (see the webpage above) was started, a still unfinished project.

And at some point in time i realised that making these tutorials is of no big use because everybody expects to watch them and then get professional with making meshes, which is simply impossible (as Chosen explained in great detail).

Right now i always forward everybody to the blender cookies web site. this website gives you a realy good introduction course, a lot of well made tutorials, from where you can gain a lot of knowledge.

• Like 1

Others have provided a wealth of information already, but I am going to add my 2c, since that is what I do with regularity both here, on the Zbrush forums and through inworld groups and private lessons.

To the OP, I understand that it's frustrating to get into the world of 3d creation - I've been there and it's hard when you're coming from a position of zero or limited knowledge.  I had literally never touched 3d before I opened Zbrush to learn how to create a sculpty.  Here is my recommendation for you.  This would assume you're using Blender 2.59, which is the current stable release, and the one that works with skinned mesh export without having to futz around with the rotation of the bones.

First, go to google and find yourself an introduction to blender tutorial.  Once you get the basics, it becomes a lot easier.  As for UI revisions, there has been one major UI revision to blender recently, not one a month.  Just the one. And most of the features and shortcuts are the same, it just looks nicer and is easier to find your way around.

Then, go to http://www.machinimatrix.org/ and go through their mesh tutorials.  get to the point where you can successfully upload an unrigged mesh cube or something, UV mapped, LODS and physics shapes, and textured.

Then find a skeleton that you can work with.  The Standard sizing package Marketplace   (DL here) contains 5 female shapes, in .blend format (you don't *have* to use the shapes, but you're welcome to use them) all of which have working skeletons and are proven to work, since there are a number of creators already using them, myself included.

Then go to Google, type "Blender 2.59 tutorials" and go nuts on *everything* you can find.  Watch tutorials about box modelling, weight painting, rigging, texturing, cloth animations, Ambient occlusion baking.  It doesn't matter one single bit whether it's SL related or not.  The SL requirements are about 2% of the entire process, so what you need is general modelling skills, not "how to make a mesh for second life" tutorials.  The how to make mesh for SL stuff can be found in the excellent tutorials that Machinimatrix has done, and reading around on these boards, and in the Wiki.

Gaia -- I was just telling a friend the other day how patient and kind you and the other Blender helpers are in the inworld group, when someone drops in and asks something like "How do I make a spaceship in Blender?" :smileyvery-happy: ) (Don't get me started on those who want others to Google stuff for them and paste links.)

Most of us agree that LL has no responsibility to provide "mesh lessons" to anyone. However, I think it does have a responsibility to provide documentation, tutorials, troubleshooting guides etc. for SECOND LIFE SPECIFIC things such as uploading, or how to reduce LI - for example, what is the point of having error messages if you can't find out what they mean and what you are supposed to do to fix them.  I notice that now we are told to contact support, so presumably they are prepared to address those kinds of things.

Imagine buying a new BBQ and having to assemble it without instructions -- every time you pick up a screw and wonder what to do with it, you must go ask your question in a forum or email support. Very inefficient and frustrating.

I can certainly sympathize with the original poster. I have been using 3D studio max since version 1, Cinema 4D since the Amiga (it rendered much of the wall art on my Ancient mariner Build) and am thinking seriously about moving to Modo.

With the exception of Maya, it may be a surprise to 3D application newcomers that in fact the cheaper the app, the HARDER it is to use. The reason being; developing an intuitive fast-flow interface costs development money that low end 3D software makers just do not have.

So they put the features in that the big programs have, then leave you struggling like crazy to find them in a confusing interface. I cannot even put into words the horror and frustration I have felt dealing with Blender. It is without doubt the worst creative application ever made for user friendliness. User violence is a better description of it. Where is basic cut, copy and paste as a brief example?

Some may cry foul and point out quite correctly it is free. But free applications can be a dangerous gift. If you assume even minimum working hourly rate, and keep the clock ticking while you trawl the internet for answers trying to get such programs to function, you might be surprised how quickly you mount up the cost of a better package. With educational discount I am fairly confident most frustrated Blender users would quickly find they have burnt through enough hourly rate to afford Modo or amazingly the full auto desk suite on an education license.

The biggest way forward for Second Life right now in this field is if firstly,  the Lindens stop treating Mesh as a cash cow, (I am not putting any mesh on my builds with these sort of cost attachments, when avatars can walk around decked out in them for free) and secondly, people abandon Blender (it needs to die) and move to properly developed and supported 3D programs at education license level, then full as money develops.

Remington Aries wrote:

... and secondly, people abandon Blender (it needs to die) and move to properly developed and supported 3D programs at education license level, then full as money develops.

http://cgawards.3dworldmag.com/

check

• "Software update of the year"
  • CG Animation of the year (Short form)

I am not sure about your advice. Maybe you refer to blender 2.4 ?

"...abandon Blender (it needs to die)..."

How exactly does other people choosing to use Blender impede your use of other software if you so choose?

"...at education license level, then full as money develops..."

Most cannot do so legally as they are not eligible for educational licenses*. Also, money cannot develop as you can't use it to make stuff for sale*.

* (Modo; haven't read the 3Ds edu license because you have to download the whole thing to see it).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.