Mesh texture wont rez at all unless i go to edit and materials tab

Alexandra Barcelos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello i am trying to figure this problem out ... i did not change my way of meshing at all and i uploaded a mesh a week ago everything was fine then a client imed me saying the texture doesnt laod and that she tried everything , so i tried the top back on and in deed the texture wouldnt load i played around with it then i noticed that only when i edit it and go to materials tab that the texture rezzes 

Is it a bug or ?

I am pretty sure it is a bug.  I had same problem happen on and off over the past six months.  It hasn't happened to me in the last two months or so though.

Some viewers you can right mouse click on an object and select reload textures.  That sometimes has worked for me.

The only other thing that comes to mind is from time to time I forget to replace a temp texture with a normal one.  Some viewers allow you to upload a temp texture for free.  LL default viewer doesn't.

I don't know if it is related but stuff been going missing from my inventory a lot in the last six months.  It is usually stuff I just made or uploaded like mesh or a textures but can also be stuff I just made with prims.  Really makes me angry when I pay for a mesh upload to find it gone the next day.  I been leaving my stuff out at sandboxes letting it autoreturn so I at least have a copy in my Lost and Found folder.  I have had other friends report the same problem.

In GENERAL , not only in mesh, textures that were good and real and "not temp textures" have been reverting to GRAY. Not only me but some friends, so it is likely that this isn't exactly a mesh issue but a larger one. If it is you and you have the original texture you can often just put it back on the prim. I have had a product (I have now remade and hopefully this will fix it) that has "lost its texture" repeatedly over the years. The odd thing is that the side of the prim (it switches but in general) is the SAME texture that is showing on other prims in the exact same build.

So the database is a persnickety entity. We all know that. It may very well NOT be a mesh issue.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4148 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.