Mesh related JIRAs

ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know how to put this nicely so I'm not even going to try.

A few questions to the community:

1. Does anybody know of a single JIRA related to the behavior of mesh that has actually been fixed?
  2. If so, does anybody know of such a thing happening recently - say the last two years or so?
  3. Does anybody have examples of mesh related JIRAs that were accepted by LL and then simply ignored?

For me Drongle's reply to my elevation bug thread - where he mentioned yet another ignored mesh JIRA - was the last straw. What I want to do right now is collect the documentation we have of how badly LL treats serious mesh makers - and other content creators for that matter - send it off to LL and demand some answers.

The JIRA is an interesting feature of SL that most users never deal with. Some see it as a support channel and expect the Lab to respond to issues their as customer support would. That is not the case.

The JIRA is a direct link to the people that actually work on the server and viewer software. All items in the JIRA are read, usually the week submitted when not the day. Items are analyzed and added to the Linden engineers’ workload. Items triaged from time to time, sometimes weekly, and priorities set

The list is pruned at various times, not often. . Since the announcement of the Next Gen Platform (SL2) periodic pruning of the list of the list seems a neglected task.

The manpower levels and new incoming issues are such that some items may not be resolved for YEARS. It is not a first in first out system.  Work is scheduled by the seriousness of the problem and the number of people affected. New items can push old items toward the end of the list.

Once you have learned how to use the Atlassian JIRA you look at a graph of the submission and fix counts of various categories of problems. The BUG group has received 273 new items and fixed 242 in the last 30 days. The VWR group had had no new items files and 1 items fixed in the last 30.

Everyone has their opinions of how the Lab SHOULD handle JIRA issues and which should be fixed first. As long as you understand that mine are to be fixed first, you won't get frustrated. :matte-motes-evil:

The Lindens are working on changes to the Mesh Importer feature of the viewer. There is an RC Viewer available in Alternate Viewers. The release notes for it are here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Project_Importer/3.7.25.298441

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3314 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.