Mesh problem....air chair...?

SpookyHollows

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay...as usual, I hope I am putting this in the right place. I just made a chair in Blender, came out okay and uploaded just fine, but now...I'm floating? Yea. 

Is there any way to fix this? I heard there were scripts that position sitting settings? I want to make sure my chair works correctly before I try putting it on the Marketplace. Any help is greatly appreciated!

SL Air Chair_001.png

I should have also pointed out that you can find free sit scripts in many places around SL.  One good, reliable one is right here in the LSL Scripting Library:

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/Basic-Pose-Ball-script/m-p/719317

You'll have to adjust the numbers in the llSitTarget function to meet your own requirements, but that's quite easy.

You can either copy/paste into a New Script in your chair or you can copy/paste into a New Script that you create in your inventory and then drop that into the chair.  Eitther way will work, as long as you are copying the entire script and nothing but the script.  If it doesn't, you'll have to say more than "it keeps giving me an error."  Like, maybe, exactly what does the error message say?

A vector always has three coordinates <X, Y, Z> and a rotation always has four <X, Y, Z, S>.  For a sit target, the position vector and the rotation are always local.  That is, relative to the seat itself, not to the region around it. 

Rotations are hard to get used to at first, so it's often easier for beginners (and a lot of other people) to write them in the form llEuler2Rot( <X, Y, Z> * DEG_TO_RAD), where X, Y, and Z in that context are the angular displacements of the sit target in the direction of the red, green, and blue circles that you see if you adjust rotation manually with the edit tool in your viewer.  Unless you need to make the person on your chair lean forard or to one side, you really only need to mess with Z.  So

llEuler2Rot(<0.0,0.0,90.0>*DEG_TO_RAD)  is a 90 degree turn anticlockwise, for example.

The best way to get used to position vectors and rotations is to play with them and see what happens.  Sit targets are great learning tools.

So if I just needed to move my avatar down, so she's actually sitting on the chair instead of floating, I would mess with Z in the vector area of the script? And thats odd, never heard of an s axis before lol 

Also, once I have the script added into the object, and it's all set up, will it work for other people too, like if someone bought it from me on the marketplace, would the script work the same for them?

I messed with some of the axis parts for a while and accidentally got teleported into someone elses apartment whenever I sat in the chair xD that was so odd but funny. 

It ought to.  If you are making furniture to sell you really ought to invest in AvSitter or a similar package at some point, unless you feel up to scripting a complex sit script yourself.  Customers seem to expect the flexibility these days.  For a first project, though, or for something for yourself and friends, it's good to have a nice simple sit script in your toolkit.

And yes, you can make some interesting mistakes while you are learning about changing positions and rotations.  Enjoy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3167 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.