Mesh issue with demos

Nyll Bergbahn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This issue came up yesterday when trying out the demo package for an outfit from one designer. When trying on the various sizes in the folder, all rezzed fine apart from one size which stubbornly remained invisible no matter how many times I removed and rewore it and even relogged. How can this happen and does it explain why I can see 99% of mesh perfectly but very occasionally see a partly invisible avatar. Is it my graphics card or just some process that's gone slightly awry when the designer uploads one specific size of the demo? Thanks.

I don't think it's your graphics card Nyll. I have had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago: the medium size remained invisible despite all possible efforts and relogs just as you did. Except it was not a demo, lol. I'm doomed to wear X or XL for this particular shirt (S is definately too small for me and I hate to modify my shape too much). I dropped a notecard to the designer and I am waiting for a reply. I would suggest you do the same. :smileyhappy:

Make sure to try clearing your viewer's cache.  Mesh objects get cached, just like textures do, and if the download gets corrupted, it may think it has a valid object in the cache, when it doesn't, and when it tries to load it from the cache, it gets garbage (which doesn't render correctly, or at all).

Helium Loon wrote:

Make sure to try clearing your viewer's cache.  Mesh objects get cached, just like textures do, and if the download gets corrupted, it may think it has a valid object in the cache, when it doesn't, and when it tries to load it from the cache, it gets garbage (which doesn't render correctly, or at all).

Already did that, it's nothing to do with the cache.

The same thing has just happened with a pair of demo mesh boots. Four of the five sizes rez fine, one is invisible. Again, clearing cache does nothing to solve this. I've tried on tons of mesh demos lately and this issue only started yesterday with me.

when I first put the shoes on I was in firestorm and didn't have a problem, then when I logged back in with phoenix the shoes (and feet) were gone, so she looked like an amputee!  (of course the alpha stayed, just to torment me).

I've been meaning to log back in with firestorm to see if it's a now permanent glitch or if they'll be visible again but haven't got around to it yet.  I'll do it this evening and we can compare notes.

Well, I logged in with V3 this morning and the same issue arises. L, S, XS and XXS boot sizes rez just fine but M will not so exactly the same as with Niran's vviewer yesterday. It has to be the mesh item itself causing the problem.

Edit: Somewhat weirdly, Niran's now rezzes M fine but not XS which it rezzed perfectly yesterday so the invisiable size is moving from one size to another. This is just crazy and I'd really love to know what's going on. I want to buy XS in this boot but seems I can't now as I'm not to risk not being able to use it with Niran's, my main viewer.

Far as I'm concerned, any demo that gives me a problem with ANY size is now going into the trash and I won't buy the full product.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.