Mesh enablement tutorial

Charlar Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

What configuration is being referenced?  Why does it require a purchase? What needs to be purchased?

A purchase per se is not needed.   You only need to make a *purchase* if that step helps verify that your payment information on file is valid.   

It works this way:  In order for you to upload Mesh into SL, you will need to have payment information on file...and have that information verified.  One of the ways to verify payment information is to make a purchase.  

Nothing will stop a dedicated griefer/thief. 

We hope that by creating a better connection (and relationship) with creators, we can also help dissuade some people who would otherwise create problems for the 'good' residents. We also want to help people who might unknowingly cross over into a place where some big company might get upset.

Charlar

Oh, I was actually responding to a different post, but I'm happy to answer your question as well.

Some international users will have to make a purchase in order for the payment information to be saved. So if you haven't already bought Lindens, or pay for land, and you fall into that category, you'll end up having to buy something (L$, perhaps) in order to satisfy the requirement.

Charlar

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

What configuration is being referenced?  Why does it require a purchase? What needs to be purchased?

A purchase per se is not needed.   You only need to make a *purchase* if that step helps verify that your payment information on file is valid.   

It works this way:  In order for you to upload Mesh into SL, you will need to have payment information on file...and have that information verified.  One of the ways to verify payment information is to make a purchase.  

Thank you for your ideas of what the Lindens are referring to.   I'm very interesting in hearing or seeing something from them that confirms this.  You seem to have improvised a new set of requirments.   My understanding of the meaning of "payment information on file" is that you have supplied payment information and it has been verified.   Until the verification process completes your in-world status does not show "payment information on file."

Us folk outside of the US can`t just  add payment info, we have to buy something (L$, Premium etc) to get the info on our accounts and our profiles say "Payment Info Used"

I love the requirements and agree with them and they are no problem. lol I've actually seen some people snagging things from my one art account and uploading already and those are just textures and art. No biggie though I make certain ones avaiable anyway. However this will make things much easier. Maybe just maybe it will also make people aware of certain rites creators have. 

I also tried to do things clear for me to be enabled. After tutorial which I succeeded by 9/10 I was told I am allowed. But after that I have no idea how to enter even sandbox 0..for example..it says that I have no access there. I mean normal grid.

And there was told to "update billing info"...why should I update it if its ok.  Anyway I am as lost as can be;)

My profile says:payment info used...whatever it means. Payment info in file..what does it mean..what file..;)

So clear all thing to me like I were newbie;)

thanks Drongle - that's correct. It's a temporary requirement for the first stages of rollout across the grid.

Once we're comfortable with the level of stability we'll drop the requirement. I could see that group perhaps having a use for creators beyond managing rollout access.

What do you all think?

Charlar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4659 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.