Mesh X Y Z coordinates problem

darkstylerz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I have a problem with pivots of my meshes.

First problem was with the position of axis in general, as it often offcentered object.

Fixed it doing this:

http://puu.sh/gRPvO.jpg build a box around object with different material group, so it overlaps main shape of object.

Manipulated vertexes + set pivot to center until satisfied, looking through where the pivot ends up. For such simple objects the SL seems to always hit with no miss. Used scale tool to get the sides equally covered.

Once put in game, set the pink face to transparent:

http://puu.sh/gRPQh.jpg

BUT

Now I got problem with axis facing wrong way.

Objects X Y Z coordinates are always mixed, rotating them in 3DS max does nothing, as well as rotating model.

How do I get them right?

Thank you.

EDIT:

I managed to fix one of my least broken objects by using mirror command in 3dsmax. I will report back if I learn to use it properly...

Can't help with 3DS, but I can tell you how the pivot works in SL. When you upload any mesh, the pivot point in the uploaded mesh is ignored. The uploader places the pivot exactky at the center of the smallest possible bounding box aligned with the x, y and z axes. There is (currently) no way of moving it. By adding your extra box, you effectively added geometry so that the center of the total was now where you wanted the pivot. In fact you didn't really need to add so much. You can usually get the pivot where you want by adding just one triangle*. It's the bounding box that matters, but you don't have to include all of it in your mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3309 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.