Mesh TOS violation?

Petal Baily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hello everyone, As a firm believer in playing by the rules when it comes to mesh/copyright to ensure the market is fair for all content creators and having come across products on the marketplace that are blatant replicas of real celebrities and such, which I am sure this is a violation according to the mesh registration, or am I incorrect? What should I do about it? I do try to flag as many copybotted and violating products as possible to help but I am unsure of what category to flag such products as, such as this, angelina jolie :)

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/48745

Petal Baily wrote:

hello everyone, As a firm believer in playing by the rules when it comes to mesh/copyright to ensure the market is fair for all content creators and having come across products on the marketplace that are
blatant replicas
of real celebrities and such, which I am sure this is a violation according to the mesh registration, or am I incorrect? What should I do about it? I do try to flag as many copybotted and violating products as possible to help but I am unsure of what category to flag such products as, such as this, angelina jolie
:)

Blatant? Vaguely resemblant maybe (and clumsily done in my opinion). There is a looooong way to go before it is actually blatant. If flagging this kind of stuff is your pastime, go ahead. Chances are good that this will be ignored. Plus, I do not see Angelina Jolie's name anywhere in these items descriptions. 

Angie_Ad2_demo.jpg

angelina-jolie-aux-oscars-en-2012-950x0-1.jpg

Petal Baily wrote:

Wow, there was certainly no need for the brash replies, thanks to those who gave a polite reply though, that's all I needed to know
:)

If I sounded harsh, I sincerely apologize, Petal. It was not intentional. :)

However, maybe you could flag the item for a blatant replica of the Omega watches logo! :D... Nah, kidding!!!

omega.jpg

Perrie Juran wrote
That, and I've not read that only the Queen's English is allowed.

But it is indeed and it never ceases to amaze me that even some of the most notable participants in our discourses fail to observe this rule.

Contextual utilization of colourful and colonial terminology and grammar is acceptable, either to emphasize specific argument or to strengthen our forum's relaxed and casual general atmosphere, but should always be placed within quotation marks and, if appropriate, be immediately succeeded by a relevant emoticon.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.