Mesh Size & Avatar Size

Relapse Gauntley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Now, i've been playing around with meshes for quite some time and have offered help to others on these boards. Now I am asking once more for some assistance.

I have in mind a particular AV that I plan on releasing, but... well, he's a little guy. Is there anyway I can possibly shrink the size of my AV further without the use of shapes to get what I want? The standard SL shape will not go any lower and well... i'm stuck.

Any help here would be hot. Thanks alot!

In Blender 2.49 (2.59 doesn't support joint offsets yet):

Shrink the mesh and the skeleton from the origin in edit mode, "make real", select both at the same time and export.

In SL, check "joint offsets" after checking "skin weights", also the Z offset should be adjusted so the avatar isn't floating, this can require some trial and error.

Also, try to make all the needed bone length adjustments (like shoulder width) directly on the skeleton, I've found that further fine tuning in world with the sliders won't give consistent results or "won't stick" when the skeleton was imported with the body..

Thanks for the reply!

The problem: It doesn't shrink it enough. I've made it just... as small as possible in blender and it still comes out a pretty big size in SL. :(

Edit: In-fact, I tried your method and well... it doesn't change or do anything different.

Edit 2: Well, he went over this issue with me step by step by step and now it works. Thank goodness!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.