Mesh Error

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm getting Mesh errors in Both Firestorm and LL Viewer  it shows up as Yellow  Triangles  and when I clicked on them it gives me a Script error and the Boots or the  Weapon I might use.. Now when I Clear my cache the errors go away but I shouldn't have to CLear my cache every other day  just so the errors go away.. Can anybody Help me on  this please

Thanks for your time and effort

Actually, when you get a little yellow triangle appearing over an unrezzed mesh item and you click it, for some unfathomable reason it DOES show as a script error regardless of whether there are scripts in the item or not.  The more child prims in the linkset, the more little yellow triangles you will get.  I think (not 100% certain) that you can increase your mesh queue by going to Advanced, Debug, MeshMaxConcurrentRequests and change the value there (I have mine set at 128) and relogging should make the mesh appear.  As to why un-rendered mesh shows a script error.. well ask the good people over at LL.

My guess is that certain mesh objects and linksets are clogging the mesh queue to the viewer and causing these errors in place of the rezzed mesh.

• Like 1

If you can reproduce the problem every time and can write out the steps needed to get the error, file a JIRA bug report. The Lindens will want a copy of the mesh item to test. I suggest you include the MeshMaxConcurrentRequests setting in the report.

We have seen some mesh items that can cause a viewer crash and other bizzare behavior. In a recent User group meeting a mesh avatar was causing video problems for those using nVidia 296.10 but I wasn't seeing them using 301.24, but that driver causes me other problems. I recommend staying on 296.10. NVIDIA is have some problems and they go beyond SL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.