Mesh Deform Avatar

Haruka Windstorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello to all, I'll hope you can help me, I'm making mesh for the BG Solarian Feline Avatar in blender (2.78), but when I upload it the mesh i got this problem... The mesh is deforming.

I have to add: the dummy has an animation with the deformed bones, when I deleted the animation poses the physics are lost and i can't check on the viewer the physics checkbox on the uploading window ;-;

hi;

I just want to remark that blender is supposed to export correclty. If it does not export the bones in the right way, then either

• the skeleton is not oriented in the way SL wants it,
  • or you forgot to apply rotation before exporting,
  • or you missed to export with the Second Life Option enabled in the Exporter (yes blender has an option to export to "SL and similar")

The point is: you need to know some technical bits about Blender and about SL to get things going the way you want. Avastar tries to keep you focused on your artwork... Well... it is also not as easy to use as we want but we improve still :)

• 2 weeks later...

Something that's been bothering me for a long while is when I go to import the skeleton into Blender, it makes no sense.  All of the bones are only relationally connected.  They're often super tiny and hard to find.  When I make a rig of my own, unless I specifically want an offset (like hip to leg offset) they're connected end to end, and aren't pointing all in the same direction.  Can I just make my own skeleton with bones named the correct way and use the "export to SL" option to make the bones work?  I'm fully capable of rigging, it's just this one janky thing about the publicly available skeletons being so off in Blender.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.