Mesh Body Shape

Tristus Patton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The point is that the rigged mesh wil only take care of the bone lengths defined with your shape. All "volume" making sliders do not affect your mesh.

I remember that someone mentioned the neutral shape for mesh (which makes your mesh look identically in your 3D editor and in SL) is when all sliders which change the bone lengths are set to 50%. It can well be that the Ruth Shape is already what you want.

I would go with the Ruth shape yes, since most avatars are based on that shape. Unless you have yourself a boy ofcourse... You could argue you need an avatar a bit larger, since that seems to be the norm. Unfortunately (or luckily) there's no such thing as an average avatar. Well there is, but nobody has that exact weighted average ofcourse.

This is a real case of trial and error I think.

• 1 month later...

When designing rigged clothes to be used with the mesh deformer, Qarl said that the default shapes will be the following:

Female shape:
In the viewer create new shape
• New Body Parts, New Shape
• Then in the appearance editor select "Female" (actually this is on by default)

Male shape:
In the viewer create new shape
• New Body Parts, New Shape
• Then in the appearance editor Select "Male". Save

Qarl's blog about the deformer (where comments can be added):
http://www.qarl.com/qLab/?p=80

I created the above shapes, then I listed all the appearance editor values for both of them. The appearance editor values for both female and male shapes are listed in this file:
http://cobyfoden.weebly.com/uploads/2/6/8/1/2681906/sl-body-shapes_defaults.pdf

What I don't know is, that are these exact shapes dowloadable anywhere?

One could use Phoenix viewer version 1.5.2.1185 to export the above shapes. Wear the shape, and then from the menu: "Advanced, Character, Meshes and Morphs". Do the same for the female and the male shape. (By the way, I noticed that in Phoenix version 1.6.0.1600 this is not any more possible, at least I didn't find the "Meshes and Morphs" menu item there, maybe I'm blind..).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.