Mesh Avatar problem, Sunk in ground all the time

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi,

So as of late I've created 3 full mesh quad avatars. Sculpted in Zbrush, rigged/animated in Blender with Avastar and exported with Avastar.

For all 3 of my meshes, as soon as you wear them they put you about halfway in the ground. So only the top half of them are showing above the ground. I can fix it for me with hover height, but others still see me as sunken in the ground. What am I doing wrong, or how can I fix it for others who would like to wear my avatars? I make sure the object is sitting perfectly on the floor grid in Blender before I export and make sure to apply location/rotation/scale.

Also some people can see me normally, with my hover height edited, but most still see me and others wearing my avs in the ground. Any help is completely appreciated! Thank you for your time!

possible causes are:

• The origins of the Rig and the Mesh(es) differ
    You can move (object ->transform) the origin of your meshes to the origin of the Rig before you bind
  • The Scaling and Rotation of The rig or the Meshes is not normalized
    You can try to apply scale/rotation of the meshes before you rig them
  • You scaled the Avastar armature in object mode and not in edit mode
    This is actually not a mistake
    However you should then Export with "Apply scale to Armature" in the advanced export attributes section of the collada pannel.
  • Importing with other viewers than the SL Default viewer appear to have issues at times.
    I always recommend to use the SL default viewer for importing rigged mesh. If that fails then something is definitively wrong with your item.

Depending on your special kind of avatar you also can try to add some hover height into your specific animations for your quads, although this sounds like a workaround to me. On a second thaught, maybe you did just that and that could possibly even cause the issue.

All of the above are just wild guesses and the true cause is yet something else. Maybe your meshes are just too big or the Object center (pelvis) is placed at some weird place, many things can go wrong...

Ezkabach Sorciere wrote:

I make sure the object is sitting perfectly on the floor grid in Blender before I export and make sure to apply location/rotation/scale.

I'm not sure, but suspect that this is your issue. It has been an issue with animations since day one.

SL has no way to determine where your feet are, although "recent" viewers seem to try to figure it out somehow. What is known to the viewer, is your hip height/position. Move your hip up so the models hover in Blender and see what happens in SL. Alternatively, you could change the animation files I am sure you have custom made, since you have built quadrupeds.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.