Making Lola's Appliers

JungUKnow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok so I've been told people wont buy my clothing if I dont have Lola's Appliers BUT I have no clue how to actually make the appliers for my clothes is there something I have to buy to make them or? I'm really confused someone help. And is it true that people wont actually buy my items if I don't have the appliers because personally I don't like them...

I asked that same question a while ago, and got a lot of good answers, so i will link to my thread about it...

I hope it can help you.. ( I am still somewhat confused about it, but trying to figure it out..)

(Edit to add this part) About your question of people like them or not..I am sure those using the breasts wont buy unless it comes with the applier and those not using them will buy regardless... Then the question that remains is, is it enough % of your own customers who is using the breasts? ... If you make it without, then it is poberbly less customers, as only those that do not use Lola's will be able buy your product ;)

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Your-Avatar/Templates-for-Mesh-Breast/td-p/2337347

(Edited second time to add this lol)  

PS: You can not get the kit without buying the breasts.

But once you do buy the breasts, there is a kit within it for designers to use...

There are plenty of people that don't use Lola's.  While it is true that a lot of people use Lola's, when I am in a crowd and look around, I see most women are not wearing them. 

So, it is not true that no one will buy your clothes without appliers.  You may be able to expand your market by offering them though, IF the styles  you offer appeal to Lola users.  There are successful designers that don't offer them at all or only with specific styles.  Some market research may be in order to see if the possible return for you is worth the investment of your time making appliers.

By mesh do you mean mesh rigged clothes under the lolas? I guess.  if yes, then yeah that's the reason what also with not mesh there were and are lovers and not lovers.

With a mesh dress you'd need to make your boobs 0 size then of course wear over your dress your lolas with the applier that would have been done as roughly cut off  part from the front UV map of your dress.

Lolas by this way would cover the breast part of your mesh clothes as it happened with SL standard layer clothes.

To do this then makers have also to be careful to give their dress a good UV map cut more and less similar to what you already saw in SL templates.

This cause if it happens that you're too lazy to make a custom cut off from your texture, you could use the same texture  already applied to your dress and just use the U and V coordinates in the script to make it fit (this is an option that  at least worked with old SL clothes templates and with proper skinning could still work with mesh).A thing this that sure worked with old layer clothes.To be still working somehow with mesh UV template you should be sneaky enough to put the front part of your dress UV in a position and orientation good enough to allow editing the script and cover well the prim applier

After all what their applier plugin does is just applying a texture with the specified U and V values for coordinates that you wrote in the notecard that the script is reading.

Maybe a problem could be if the dress is rigged on collision breast bones and then it's itself jiggling (that  jiggling part even if 0 who knows with some sizes could be an iussue).

I think also that now they're making liquid rigged breast implants btw I can't remember if from lolas or other brand but I see them around.

@Jung what they said it's right it's not at all a must, but you would reach a bigger public  if you give more options.

lolas btw had appliers templates shared with other implants makers from implant nations so if you ever did do an applier for those yo'd reach people who buy appliers not only for lolas but also for other implant makers.

JungUKnow wrote:

Ok so I've been told people wont buy my clothing if I dont have Lola's Appliers BUT I have no clue how to actually make the appliers for my clothes is there something I have to buy to make them or? I'm really confused someone help. And is it true that people wont actually buy my items if I don't have the appliers because personally I don't like them...

This has come up several times now and here's my much longer illustrated response to someone else as to why it's not trivial http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Help-with-Lola-s-applier-for-clothes-mesh/m-p/2321855#M24404

Most of the mesh breasts are UV mapped to the avatar upper body template and thus it's trivial to take an existing system clothing texture and make an applier.  Mesh doesn't work that way and what most creators do is let the mesh breasts sit on TOP of their mesh outfit and just slap a texture on it but making a compatible texture when the UV map bears no resemblance is of questionable value in terms of time.  Plus in my view it doesn't look right.  For boobs as large as they're often worn, the cloth would stretch from the tip of the breasts, arching down to where it meets the stomach (or there abouts) rather than being shrink wrapped which is what the result looks like.

As for whether anyone will buy items, yes they will.  Mesh breast users are in the vast minority rather than the converse being true.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2905 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.