Lena alpha hud (alternatives)

Bendy Bigboots

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I make no applogy for the naievity of my post but rather look to you all to read this as a genuine thought.

Using the kl Lena Perky mesh shape is fun and I able to work it to create some rather sexy results, but the rather basic alpha channels have become frustrating in their lack of flexibilty when compared with other mesh bodies.

My question; Is there anyone that could explain to me why there can't be a product out there that could supplement or replace the KL alpha set & hud?

Fyi, If your response is "buy another mesh shape, they have better alphas". I have them ALL, already but still like to use my perky.

Warm regards always

Bendy

hi bendy, the problem is the alpha zones have to be hard wired into the mesh topology. So just a different script would not make things better.

All this arises from a problem i have with fitted mesh and gaps. When i upload fitted mesh created in 3ds max, i am getting gaps between the mesh parts, and i was trying a ton of fixes nothing was working yet. (fiddling with units, bone weights a.s.o.)

The observation is that the gaps become worse if you go higher on your sim e.g. 4000 meters its worser then 2000 meters. Which looks like its an accuracy problem.

Having a lot of alpha zones requires to split up the mesh in many parts, at the point where i am this would lead to a lot of gaps on the body sadly.

One nice thing about the Lena avatars is that they are mod.  So you can rez one on the ground, unlink, and then examine the various bits and pieces. And you can add your listener script and build your own appliers. And your appliers can be made to respond to scripts, not just button pushes on a hud. All sorts of fun possibilites.

But if you do take one apart, you will see that the skin layer of the avi consists of an upper body mesh and a lower body mesh, each with 8 texture faces (the max for a single mesh). The hud works by using llSetAlpha to toggle the transparency of indivdual texture faces. So what can be done with a hud is quite limited by the underlying structure built into the mesh.

The only other approach that I have thought of is to make custom skin textures, with custom regions of those texture set to alpha = 0, to uncouple the aplha mask completely from the texture faces. It kinda works, but then one would need to make a custom skin for each outfit, and apply the skin when the outfit is used, reapply a full skin to undress, apply yet another skin for yet another outfit. This approach will only work for your custom made skins, not skins you buy.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.