Issue with facial bone offsets

Psistorm Voxel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been working on a custom mesh avatar using bento facial bones, among others.

The head mesh has been rigged using 3dsmax and one of the source .fbx files from the wiki page. It features custom bone offsets, and when uploading, looks perfectly fine in the upload preview window when I enable skin weights and joint offsets.

However once worn inworld, the lip bones as well as the tongue base/tip end up in the wrong positions, giving the whole setup a rather smashed-in look. I haven't edited any bone rotations, simply moved the dummy objects into the new, desired positions.

If anyone can offer any help on this subject, it'd be much appreciated, since I'm quite at a loss as to what may be wrong.

The mesh on the right is my import, the one on the left shows it being worn. As you can see, the eyelid bones, forehead etc, all look correct, but mouth corner, upper and lower lip bones as well as tongue bones are as if their root bone has been rotated in some strange way.

The issue has been solved as of a few minutes ago.

It appears the blame does lie with the official .fbx files, which appear to have wrong joint rotation data as far as I can gather. I have manually transferred my 3dsmax rig to a blender avastar rig, and it now imports as intended.

Thus a plea for LL: Please fix your official source files, many people depend on these being right.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2629 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.