Is there a way to tell difference between Mesh and Sculpt?

Tommy Rampal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Possibly a stupid question, so I'll keep this short. As a creator within Secondlife, I keep coming across stuff that interests me, sometimes sparking the question "Is this a mesh or a sculpt?". Is there a specific method to determine this if you cannot modify the object and/or lacking ownership?

I'm talking about rather simple builds such as a hat, rock structure, etc.

• Like 1

You cannot inspect an item of rigged mesh clothing when it is worn on an Avatar.  But you can inspect any other mesh item, like a mesh table or chair, or a mesh hat worn as an attachment (not rigged) or even rigged mesh clothing if you rez it on the ground.

I can often tell the difference if I look in wireframe (ctrl-shift R), mesh items usually have a lot fewer poly's, at least well designed mesh.

• Like 2

Disabling Render Type - Volume (possible via the Advanced > Render Types menu or by using the keyboard shortcut, ctrl+alt+shift+9) will disable the rendering of regular or sculpted prims, but not mesh.  Just hit the keyboard shortcut and regular/sculpted prims should vanish, any rezzed/worn objects that don`t are mesh.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.